Denying access to people who not use Tor - possible?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Jim Verard, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Verard

Jim Verard Registered Member

I was wondering if there's a way to filter all IPs which are actually not using Tor network (or XeroBank). Each host have the IP Deny Manager feature and I want to make it possible that a filter can block everyone, but on the other hand, allow IPs used by Tor network.

Is there a way to do that?

I wish to block every range of IPs, but release all from Tor network. How many ranges are available out there? From all possible countries?

I will give you an example.

Let's say John Doe is using Tor network, with the IP 61.34.254.1 from United States.

Caspian is using the IP 61.34.254.43 from the Internet Service Provider AT&T from Canada, which is not an anonymous network.

Assuming that we have always 4 types of numbers and always from 0 to 255.

I will need to place the following parameters on my IP Deny Manager:

Deny:
    1.*
    2.*
    3.*

and continues, until...

60.*
    61.0.*
    61.1.*

and continues, until...

61.34.0.0-61.34.0.255

and continues, until...

61.34.254.2-61.34.254.255

Since caspian from Canada, is using the IP 61.34.254.43 from his own ISP, he will be denied access, not having permission to access my server.

John Doe, using the IP 61.34.254.1 from United States (Tor network) will have clearance to acess my server.

Any thoughts about this?

And how should I know where to find all ranges from people not using Tor, and from people using Tor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.