DELL RESTORE

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by arhardy2425, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arhardy2425

arhardy2425 Registered Member

Hiya my friend deleted the DELL partition, it wasn't until the other day when I decided to do a restore, that I discovered that the dell restore partition had been completely wiped. Installing XP from scratch isn't my thing but I cannot find the partition to download anywhere on the internet, I like the DELL setup and don't want to lose it. Can anyone send me an image file of there DELL pc or something similar, I have norton ghost Bootable CD so i can do the restore using this. I can install the drivers etc myself, just I want the actual DELL setup.

Many thanks :)

2. greencoconut

greencoconut Registered Member

3. arhardy2425

Yes the entire partition has been deleted so I cannot even recover it. I really liked it how it was aswell :( If anyone knows where I could either redownload the partition or just download a image file from a dell PC that can be used with Norton ghost to restore to defaults, tell me. My friend said that someone might be able to send it me, anyway thanks alot

4. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

It is available from Dell Support (to the registered owner). Call them and request it on disk. Before you call, be sure you have the Tag No. and Express Service Code from the PC.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Phone Dell,and ask them for a restore Partition CD ;)

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Jo Ann beat me to the Answer by 3 seconds :D

7. arhardy2425

I tried this before and I got sent the operating system and driver cds etc all on seperate CD's, not as one restore cd :doubt:, are you sure that DELL do the restore CD?

8. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

Don't think you can restore the hidden partition after deleting it. I'm afraid it's gone forever.

9. arhardy2425

Ok can I get a disk from DELL though that will install all drivers, software etc or have I got to install everything manually.

10. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

You will have to install manually.

11. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Not necessarily. Dell can also send all required drivers on another installation CD. But even if arhardy has to d/l them from Dell's support site, it's no big deal to install them.

12. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Only way to find out is Call them like I sugested, and Jo Ann also told you you can get the Restore CD from Dell too, might take a day or 2 to arrive but theres no reason why they wont help a registered customer :) Dont worry too much, just explain to them what happened, they dont Bite :p

13. controler

controler Guest

Hello

I have not tried the undelete partition with BooitNg but they lcaim they can do it. You could try the free trial for 30 days. You can install it to floppy or CD
    and do all the partition work from there. I have not tried TrueImage featured here in the forums but it might work too. Anybody using that one might be able to help.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html

I also have a Dell desktop and when I reinstall XP, I use only their Operating System CD and their Drivers & Utilities CD. I then have a SP2 CD I run. After that I download all new updates. I also have a Dell BIOS CD which I run before doing any reinstall.

An Image would be easier but it really doesn't take as long as most think.

controler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.