Dell CERC RAID 5 support?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Slinks, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slinks

Slinks Registered Member

I have a Dell PowerEdge 700 series server with CERC 6 ch SATA RAID controller set up in a RAID 5 configuration with 3 80GB (Western Digital) drives.

I'm looking for a backup solution... but this forum seems full of people having trouble with TI and both (1) SATA and (2) RAID configurations.

Bottom line... should I fork over the $700 for TI Server for Windows, or is it not going to work (easily) with my system?

Thanks for any prompt reply...

2. Slinks

Slinks Registered Member

btw I plan to back the system up to an external USB hard drive... thinking Maxtor but compatible suggestions here would also be welcomed...

3. Ed Y

Ed Y Registered Member

Can't help you with the RAID stuff but I use a TEAC 80GB USB 2.0 external drive with no problems. Works fine as long as the created image will verify OK. I haven't done any full restores but have restored a few files here and there.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Slinks

As you intend restoring from an external USB drive, you'll need to create a "Full" version of the Bootable Rescue Disk. This is Linux based and may or may not contain the correct open source device drivers for your RAID controller. Suggest you contact Acronis Support at support@acronis.com and ask them the question.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.