Dell and XP proff.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Huupi, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Just read their site,at least here in europe Dell offers now again workstations with Windows XP proff. !!!!!!! they give you a choice !! This is an advantage with a big vendor who could resist the very demanding MS.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I'm really starting to stop disliking Dell...
    first, Ubuntu, now XP against Vista... they be doing a good job, matey.
    Mrk

3. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I think its because a lot of enterprise customers can't use Vista yet because its not stable or mature enough yet and they cover the biggest proportion of Dells income.

I work for an organisation with approx 5000 Dell machines in one City (multiple locations, one giant WAN) and there are still some people who can't run XP, alone Vista due to legacy and bespoke apps needed (including some non-MS network user authentification).

4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Yes its all about profit and money,but for us end users its a fair move much appreciated i guess.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I think it's great that they offer XP still, but I am a little surprised cause they most likely do get some flack from MS about it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.