Delete Signatures

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by gilloz, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gilloz

gilloz Registered Member

The signature folder is building up with each update. Can I eliminate past signatures without affecting the function of my spyware program? Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The short answer is yes and no.

The cumulative file(2000.dat) which is always the larger file and lowest in number in regards to file name contains prior threats and the incremental files(2001-2140) are those threat entries that came after. So while the program itself will function properly....you would be minus certain malware threat protection at that moment in time. However....the missing files will be downloaded automatically with the next online-update again.

HTH,
    Bubba

3. gilloz

gilloz Registered Member

Thanks Bubba. I was just anticipating what could turn out to be a big folder where unnecessary files that could be eliminated. I assumed that with each new signature, all of the past treats were included, thereby allowing to eliminating the past signatures. Just checking. Thanks again.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome and in case I was not clear....when a cumulative file(a big one) comes along....it will remove the incremental files and then the process is started all over with more incremental files showing up.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.