Defragging & RVS info

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by StevieO, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Great to hear that, Mike.

Renegade

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Coldmoon

I know from what you've just posted, and earlier, that future releases will indeed have the defragmentation issues adressed, which of course is good news.

Unfortunately in the meantime not many people installing curent versions will be aware of ongoing problems, until it's too late ! Only then, if the're lucky, they might discover a www like Wilders and find out what the problem is.

That's one of the reasons i put together a simulation of what your website front page could show to everyone as of right now. Doing this NOW would REALLY help to prevent disasters from occurring.

I do understand that publishing such info prominently might be an embarrasment to you, but i think under the circumstances a responsible company as yours would do it ASAP. The longer the info is missing from your www then more people will potentially be in deep doo doo, which i'm sure you would want to avoid, and the damage to your reputation.

I sincerely hope that you will put the alert up on your www, and very soon.

3. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

StevieO,

I might think that you aren't sleeping at night because of this issue. ;)
    I discovered this issue just now and even accidentally.
    In my knowledge other light virtualization tools like Shadow Defender, Deep Freeze and etc. don't have this issue, right ?
    This is not comparision, but just my personal knowledge.

4. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

renegade08

Yeah i know it's awful, i havn't slept for over a week lol. But seriously, i'm not concerned for me, as due to these and the other System Restore issues, i havn't installed RVS on this fresh XP install. I'd love to be able to, but can't risk it. I look forward to being able to install a newer fixed version as soon as they sort it out.

As for the other Apps you mentioned, i havn't tried them. But i'm not aware of any similar problems with them !

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

StevieO,
    The issue of automated defragmentation is for Vista and Win 7. There is no issue under Windows XP unless you are determined to turn your third party defragmentation program to automatic. Considering your participation in this thread, it would be highly unlikely you would do such a thing. Please be patient and step back a bit from the alarmist rhetoric as it doesn't help anyone reading this or the multiple warning notices here in the forum and in other similar threads.

As for defragmenting with virtualization on in other ISR solutions, you would still run into the same issues unless they have a specific kill switch or other methods to stop defragmentation during a virtual session. Please refrain from opening an off-topic and off-forum discussion of other products here...

With kind regards
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.