DefenseWall vs. SecureOL VELite

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AwareSoul, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwareSoul

AwareSoul Registered Member

Between DefenseWall and SecureOL VELite, which offers stronger overall protection against malware? Do these two applications pretty much work the same? If not, what are these differences?

AwareSoul

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I'd say that SecureOL VELite seems more like

ShadowSurfer™ provides secure and easy to use PC protection - It is free also. Requires a reboot before each use, because they sandbox disk storage as a whole. They provide the operating system and everything in it with a single virtual disk?

DW offers a virtual enviroment Anything running in the DW has certain restrictions placed on it

Can't modify trusted files (eg virus behavior, or Trojan injection etc)
    Can't create hooks (keyloggers)
    Can't autostart
    Can't install drivers

Hopefully someone more expert will reply. Personally I'd go for DefenseWall easy to use

3. tailspin

tailspin Guest

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    There has been a post here on Wilders already. There have been negative reviews towards Secure vs. no negative reviews of DW. Furthermore, Ilya is very active on the site and tries to help and solve bugs.
    I'd say - go for DW.
    Mrk

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Very good point - Ilya is very active on the site and tries to help and solve bugs.

6. AwareSoul

AwareSoul Registered Member

Thanks Starfish 001, tailspin and Mrkvonic for your advice.

AwareSoul

7. vamax

vamax Registered Member

8. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

Ilya WAS very active. I think he wrote a while ago about the possibility of winding up because he wasnt getting enough revenue.

9. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Hi, Devil's Advocate!

Well, you are wrong. I'm still there and ready for the discussion. The thing is that there is no discussion at wilders about end-user proactive defense tools! All the latest discussions are about traditional anty-spyware solutions and classical HIPS, I'm not ready to take part in it because I've already said everything I think about those products.

Also, I had a lot of work to release new version of DefenseWall (I've released it March, 11) and to answer questions via e-mail and support forum. But, anyway, I visit this forum every day! If you don't see the rabbit it doesn't mean there is no rabbit at all....

10. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Good news Ilya! :) , I was a little bit afraid by DA's post...

Here is a link to the support forum for DefenseWall, in case someone is looking for it.

Cheers,
    nicM

11. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Hi Nico,
    ...relief...:D
    Ilya will not leave us naked LOL... good news indeed!
    Cheers;)

12. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

My apologises IIya, I could have swore that you posted once that you needed to go look for alternative employment because Defensewall wasn't doing as well as you hoped.

13. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

I've being posted that I'll have to find enother job _if_ DW won't be successful. As for now- DefenseWall is still my main job.

14. edwardk

edwardk Registered Member

I purchased a license for VE Lite and as the product has progressed, I have found more and more bugs. they have a support forum (http://www.secureol.com/forum) but they have not replied to any of the messages in over a month and you now see unrelated SPAM on board.

It's a real shame because they had a good concept but the key is implementation. Right now I would recommend not buying VE Lite because of the current status of the product and the lack of support (could they be winding down or be impacted by the issues in the middle east)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.