DefenseWall Untrusted Application lists questions..

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sweater, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Now using the latest DFW PF v3.14.

Checking the Untrusted Application lists in DefenseWall Personal Firewall, I noticed that it began to grow in numbers. Some of it I think from the executed files in different areas with untrusted markings of which even now didn't even exist, some I couldn't figure it out what it is or maybe some part of browser's component whatever, etc...

Just wondering, if this could affect some of the pc resource usage in one way or another. Was that meant, the more "things" in the Untrusted Application lists the more defensewall.exe will react? Coz there are times cpu usage of this application goes to 24.

Will it be okay to delete those things that I think are not needed to be in that Untrusted Application lists... just like a regular "maintenance clean-up"? or it's just ok to leave it there alone coz it will not affect system resources or anything like that anyway?

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

The apps you don't use are having no effect on the CPU usage. It is very unusial to have high CPU usage with DW. I used it around a year ago (it is now on my mothers laptop, she is 76 year old and the ease of use of DW and protection offers me the advantage that I do not have to spend time correting 'things' on her PC).

What you could do is ask Ilya for a debugging/logging version of DW. So he can check out what causes these CPU spikes. For reference a simple dual core E5200 on my desktop never used more than 4-6 percent when using DW.

Regards Kees

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

If you have CPU spikes with defensewall.exe, it's not normal. Send an e-mail to support [at] softsphere [dot] com I could find out what is going on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.