DefenseWall HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention Software)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AJohn, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

2. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Good review :)

I wish DefenseWall was freeware because it seems good. Looking at the screenshot, my pet peeve was reborn. DefenseWall spells "spyware" as "SpyWare". For some reason, this and "AdWare" as spellings really tick me off. lol. Who knows hwy.

But your review is great :)!

3. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Well, I couldn't make DefenseWall free bacause I planned work under this project full time. That is why it is growing very fast. There is no magic in this world! Two cases. Your project is your work, it is growing fast become better and better every single day, but it need to be commercial because you need pay for food, flat, electricity and Internet access. Or your project is your hobbie, it is free, but it is growing slow because your base work you earn money with takes all your time. If the project themself is highly complecated- it means stagnation and death.

There is one purpose you may make project free- if you plan make v2.0 commercial (like SSM, for instance)! But it need venture capital or working parents...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  5. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

And Anti-Hook not to mention. Ohh I almost forgot, Jetico as well.

Unless you are a hudge corporation like Comodo and can use the good publicity, then yeah you got to earn some bread :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  6. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I look forward to this one. I am currently using GesWall on my test partition and to my non-technical understanding it seems to offer very similar protection to Defensewall but seems to do it in a different way.

Nice review of Defenswall BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.