DefenderUI

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by digmor crusher, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

You have been told not to run the Pro version with VS. If this is with the free version of DefenderUI you best be contacting Dan as no-one here can help.

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

@Krusty

I had confirmed to @Antarctica , that I had installed the free version. And, as to running the Pro version, I have made sure that I will not as per @Antarctica 's advice/warning.

Also, I am not given to contacting a developer my email, just because something may or not be wrong. I am sure Dan reads posts made here. He has my email address, or he did have, at one stage. So, maybe he will reach out to me, or not. I was not enamoured of his decision to close his public VS forum/s, at the beginning of the year.

3. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

OK.
    Good luck!

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Never luck, but good management. :thumb: ;)

5. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

If you're hoping your issue will correct itself, or that Dan may reach out to you, then that is not management.

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Management from my point of view, it is my decision as to what software I allow to run. I could care less, or is that couldn't care less? ...Depends on country centric point of view. ;)

7. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I've mentioned your problem to Dan via email as I had other matters to discuss with him anyway.

8. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Is there a benefit to using this over ConfigureDefender?

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It has a prettier GUI and it always runs in the background, so it might be able to help in case malware tries to disable Win Defender or the Windows firewall.

10. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Will ConfigureDefender lock me out of change password and how do I remove it? Windows 11 Home. For some unknown reason I am locked out of anything that has to do with password. Need some help.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  11. anon

anon Registered Member

DefenderUI Pro version 1.03, in "Update signatures" section the "Last update" and the "Security intelligence version" are in red color and blank. o_O

The same noticed in DefenderUI Free version 1.01

Attached Files:

12. GrDukeMalden

GrDukeMalden Registered Member

I got confused, I thought there was a new version of the regular defender UI

13. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Does this program run in ram 24/7?

14. anon

anon Registered Member

15. GrDukeMalden

by default, yes. But if you don't want to run it all the time, you can right click and exit the tray icon once the settings are changed the way you like them.

However, if you do that Defender UI won't be protecting MS defender. When you use MS defender with Defender UI you'll need to disable MSD's tamper protection for some of defender UI's setting changes to stick. The settings for how MSD deals with detections is what gets affected by that.

I set my low and moderate detections to "quarantine" and my high and severe detections to "clean"

For whatever reason, if it's left on the defaults for those settings, it will block the threats, but never do anything with them, you'll click "start actions" and then nothing happens.

is there a way to change those settings in regedit? I just need to know the entries and values to change for the settings to make everything detected by MS defender to "clean"

16. anon

anon Registered Member

17. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

powershell is your friend many advanced options can be set and are detailed on this page
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/po...er/set-mppreference?view=windowsserver2022-ps

e.g just change as required and run in powershell
    Set-MpPreference -LowThreatDefaultAction Block
    Set-MpPreference -ModerateThreatDefaultAction Quarantine
    Set-MpPreference -HighThreatDefaultAction Clean
    Set-MpPreference -SevereThreatDefaultAction Remove

you can also check the settings by "get-mppreference"

18. Bertazzoni

Bertazzoni Registered Member

Technically, yes, but practically ConfigureDefender makes more sense. Very strong protection on High or Max. Your configuration may depend on what apps you normally use, whether you often install new softs, etc.
    If you must, you may add VoodooShield and have better protection than DefenderUI.
    Precisely! Become the master of your fate with MS Defender with no need to rely on 3rd party apps. :thumb::cool:

19. GrDukeMalden

Well. Isn't Defender UI on the aggressive profile pretty much the same as configure defender on max?

20. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

defender ui yes same as max...
    defenderuipro has the benefit of some voodooshield magic .exe protection thrown

21. StillBorn

StillBorn Registered Member

That same logic should follow with any free AV vs its counterpart suite. Of course you should expect and receive better protection now that you've elected to pay for it. :cool:
    Your reply to @GrDukeMalden with the opinion that Defender UI on aggressive is the same as configure defender on max (sic) is most interesting.

22. GrDukeMalden

Well I have all the magic of voodooshield packed into my paid version of voodooshield along side defender UI on max and secureAplus with the name and thumbprint setting on silent mode

23. GrDukeMalden

Actually, I asked whether or not that was true. Because I didn't know until @kC_ told me what they told me.

24. StillBorn

StillBorn Registered Member

My assumption was that both apps probably provide very similar if not identical protection levels since they're both merely manipulating the WD settings and controls while WD is doing all of the heavy lifting.
    I don't know if any tests have been performed/published referencing an A to B comparison.

25. GrDukeMalden

Defender UI on aggressive with voodooshield set to NOT allow by parent process with core isolation turned on is a setup that probably little to nothing can get past. Adding SecureAPlus to the mix makes it even more difficult to malware to run.

Sidenote!: Now that I've had the paid version of malwarebytes, I don't think I'm going to pay for it again. I haven't seen it catch much that wasn't also detected by Apex or VoodooAI

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.