Deep Freeze Alternative

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Timurlank, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timurlank

Timurlank Registered Member

Hello everybody!

I've been looking for days for an aswear to my question and until now no forum that I went to manage to response to this, but, I feel this is my lucky day because I see that there are many posts which are talking about different DF alternatives.

The thing is I'm looking for a software that makes practicaly the same thing that DeepFreeze does, and that is "freeze" all my hdd partitions but instead I want some folders to remain unfreezed. I have an internet cafe and most people want to save their progress in single-player games but that "damn" deep freeze keeps restoring all my system back to normal.So everywhere I asked people didn't knew an alternative to deepfreeze with that property.Now I ask you, is there any alternative software that does this? (and not Returnil because I tried it and didn't worked as I hoped)

Sorry for my rusty spelling.Thanks anticipated !

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I use Shadow Defender, with shadow mode enabled 24/7. I have a few games installed, and I make exlusions to only the profiles directory. Reboot and any changes are gone unless there is an exclusion. I have not noticed any adverse issues doing this.

Sul.

3. Timurlank

Thank you very much sully for your advice! I shall try Shadow Defender. You're a life saver! :thumb:

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

NP. Hopefully it works for you. The folks here who advised me to use it were correct, it is a very nice program.

Sul.

5. Timurlank

It worked perfectly !! Thanks again friend, you saved me a lot of searching. I almost given up hope in finding something else then deep freeze.Cheers !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.