Dear Diary

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Peaches4U, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

In North America this is the first day of a New Year. Let's all write into this diary our thoughts, wishes, what went right or wrong in our day, etc.

I will begin .....

Today is the first day of a new year and I have made no resolutions which I would only end up breaking. However, I do wish for world peace, good health, happiness and trouble free computing for everyone at Wilders.

My day began as most uneventful. We took down our Xmas tree and decorations and the place looks so bare. Had a party last night, live entertainment too - it was a blast!! Would you believe that after all the rich festive food, we can actually think of devouring a dinner of leftovers tonight. Oh, my poor tummy - the abuse it takes!! :(

Prayers sent by many Wilders folks here for my son's recovery from failing kidneys have given me some hope. He is currently receiving dialysis and doctors hope to be able to save one kidney if it is at all possible - only time will tell. Sent him a huge parcel for Xmas with his favorite Almond Roca candy; a silly stuffed Canadian Moose [he placed it on top of his computer]; Starbucks coffee, some men's apparel & a bunch more stuff - word back from him was a simple "awesome"!! We missed not having him home for Xmas or to be with him abroad. Friends have taken him under their wings for which we are grateful.

Weather today is cloudy and not too chilly - it's winter of course!! Skiing and snowboarding is not as good as many snow fans had hoped but new snow is in the forecast. An Aussie cousin from Brisbane, here for a year, moved on to Banff in hopes of better snow. Hope he enjoys our nice cold weather - last I heard it was 96 degrees hot in Brissy. Couple that with humidity - yikes!! :blink:

2. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

I had a wonderful day starting with my 6 year old actually sleeping until 9:00 am(!) tailgating with friends/family at the Jaguars game in the most beautiful North Florida day. The Jaguars beat the hated Titans and had dinner with my family at Cracker Barrel :) Just don't get any better than this unless the Gators win tomorrow!

I wish everyone good health in the coming year and hopefully the world will have less disasters as we saw in the past year.

Bill

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I'll attest to that!
    Hope things go well for you and your son in 2006 Peaches! Chin up!

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Here it is winter time in Oklahoma and today it was 84 degrees. Whats up with that:doubt:

5. Peaches4U

It started out as a cloudy day today, then it poured with rain, and now it is snowing. Most unusual for my neck of the woods.

Spent a few hours today writing a newsletter for residents of a 171 suite Condo complex. I felt very comfortable writing newsletters for a large club for the past 12 years but now I have to learn how to communicate with a Strata Development. Also, got elected on the Strata Council - can't believe that I actually allowed myself to take on such a big headache. :D I wonder if anyone will be speaking to me at the end of my term.

Well, it's bedtime - morning comes early. Good nite all. ;)

6. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Aaarrrggghhhh!

Got about a foot of snow overnight and it's still coming down. As I was planning to begin a cross-country journey in a couple of weeks I am not optimistic!!

Stuck in Dilemma, Boo Hoo ed

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Seventy four degrees and clear down here in bramble bush country. :shifty:

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Stay coool my ole' Bent End..(No pun intended).....maybe the the dreaded white stuff will have gorn before 'Lift-off'........if it has, hit the bricks with gay abandon (that doesn't mean you should drive with one hand on your hip, OK?)........if it hasn't, dig out the Snow-chains, the shovels, the hot-drinks, large Bacardi and Cokes, a nice warm wooly jumper, an all-in-one set of flannelette under-carriage wear (preferably red), a very large Stetson just in case you come across a Texan whilst your heading down-hill (He'll know you mean business) and you should be OK......

Anyway whats a little snow to a Canadoonian of your calibre.........Go get 'em Floyd......:thumb: :D

We've just had 4 inches of snow and the whole Country ground to a halt??!!..we had people stuck in the snow in Northumberland dressed in 'T' shirt and Jeans!!......can you believe these people......take away their mobile phones and they would have sat there and died......200 vehicles and not a shovel between 'em........I think they should have their licence revoked and their vehicle taken away and put through a crusher......:D :D :D :D

Cochise,:cool:Swanning through the snow in Swansea.........Boyo!..

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Seems a lot of people in the U.K. agree Cochise. :D

10. Peaches4U

Snow - wait'll it gets to the following proportion ... :D

Attached Files:

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

------

Attached Files:

12. Peaches4U

Yes, hurricanes can be brutal and downright frightening. Snow blizzards do not devastate to the same degree but nothing to sneeze at either. See photo below and notice how close the top of the snow bank is to the power line - One house had to be evacuated during the storm because it was completely buried and the roof was about to collapse. Be it a hurricane or a snow blizzard - both are scary but I think a hurricane tops a blizzard.

Attached Files:

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I was trying to be funny Peaches. :shifty: I don't want either one.
    We had a little five inch snow here Christmas 2004, and it shut the place down. :D
    I sure wouldn't want a snowfall as in that photo. Ice and power lines don't mix.

14. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

16. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
  17. ~*Nat*~

18. ~*Nat*~

19. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Very nice job Nat. The red was blended VERY well.

BTW...what is written on your ring??

Mike

20. ~*Nat*~

And another one :eek: :D ! Yaayy...Thanks Mikel :-*

You know, the artist who did it is only 21 yrs Young, and I've seen great other pieces by him.
    I have another by him. My idea that I scetched...and he "beautified" it.

I'm really glad I found this man. :)

P.S. The ring (silver) says "Fear Not" ...believe it or not ! :D ;)

21. ~*Nat*~

Dear Diary,

My horoscope for today: :ninja:

22. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:mad: Today I fumed. I stayed up late last night watching CNN, and could not believe what I had seen. My heart goes out to the families of those miners. I want the heads of those who knew the initial information was not true but let it continue for an additional three hours to roll. I also want quiet a few, so called news people looking for new employment, they choice not to verify the initial information, but rather just ran with the story.

No today diary, I am one pissed off individual. The little people to often seem to take it in the shorts, and I am damn sick and tired of it.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :ninja: :mad:

23. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Don't take any notice of Sweater.......darlin' NATurlich.....he's just showing off the fact that he has learnt to [bounce]....

As for the "Where is it"......I didn't mean I couldn't see it!!....I meant where is it on your personage:shifty: ...........Tch!...do I have to explain everthin'.....:D :D :D

Cochise,:cool: Tattooing in Trieste...

24. ~*Nat*~

:oops: Gee Cochise. Why must you have to know such personal thing. "WHERE on my bod" .... tsk tsk...:oops:

And for crying out loud. Can't you tell on this very clear photo of mine,
    that the tattoo is on my wrist - RIGHT SIDE !??

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/40.gif

Explaining in Equador, teachy Nat :cool:

25. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Nat I was just looking through the thread and had to say that I think yout tatoo is cute also

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.