DD10 -MBR Error 1 and 3

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by WendyJ, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WendyJ

WendyJ Registered Member

Ran into problems trying to resize my partitions which caused MRB 1 and MBR 3 errorr on my laptop. Ended up having the machine restored to original confirmation. Reloaded DD10 and tried to set up partitions. Got the same error so will have machine restored again. How can I overcome this problem? Need to have this laptop be a dual boot for XP Home and Linspire (Linux). Also what type of partitions do I need - know that I need a swap partition, but what for the main Linux partition. Windows will go into a primary partition.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WendyJ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please clarify whether you have installed Acronis OS Selector?

Please also let us know what exact operations you have performed using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 before these errors appeared? Please describe your actions step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. WendyJ

WendyJ Registered Member

I have installed OS Selector. At the OS Selector, I tried to resize my partitions. After I had it cfommit and it restarted, that is when I had the problem.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WendyJ,

We can recommend you to resize your partitions booting from Acronis Disk Director Suite Bootable Rescue CD which you can create by means of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 installed within Windows as a workaround.

However, if you would like to resolve the issue which arrears when you perform resizing in Windows then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Regarding your question about Linux and Windows dual-boot system, Linux have several partitions which are necessary for it unlike Windows. During the Linux installation process you will be offered to choose where to install the boot loader of it. Please read this FAQ article describing where the boot loader should be installed.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.