DC questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ham, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ham

ham Registered Member

we use nod32 on sbs/exchange.

is nod a file level scanner?

what parts of nod should be turned off on a DC with nod for exchange? I have imon turned off because we do not go on the web from the dc.

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

IMON should be disabled by default on any server OS.

You may wish to check out this list of recomendations for implementing AV on a server.

Cheers :)

3. ham

ham Registered Member

why don't I ever get an answer to my questions? This is why busy technicians use forums, to get answers quickly, to save time, to utiise expertise and knowledge on hand. Instead it's more like a lazy re-direction to some group of volumous articles that I have to sift through to get a simple question answered. This is my one big gripe with NOD.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I'm not sure what else you wanted - IMON should already be disabled as it is by default on any server OS and the default configuration of NOD32 for exchange should work very well since it is configured differently already by default in that version.

You are actually the best person to know about your particular setup, so if by showing you where you can learn doesn't help you decide what other changes you would like to make maybe you would like to ask a more specific question?

Cheers :)

5. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

IMON is disabled by default on servers so that shouldn't be running unless you re-checked the option when you installed it.

As far as components on a DC server - we run SBS 2003 which has SQL Server, Sharepoint, ISA Server and Exchange all on the same box. All of the NOD modules are running except for IMON (we also have the XMON module to scan the Exchange store).

Initially we had a few problems with XMON hammering the server to death which was overcome by reducing the number of XMON threads. Also following advice on this forum, we excluded the entire directory used to hold the exchange store from AMON. Both of these seem to have removed the performance problems we initially encountered.

1 tip for you would be to also exclude the system32\DHCP subdirectory under WINNT if you have a DHCP server on your DC. On ours we found that after installing NOD, we were an error relating to the DHCP server being unable to backup its database - a quick search on Microsoft's website indicated that this might be caused by resident AV scanners and excluding this directory seems to have fixed the problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.