Darkfall 'sfbrowser.exe' blocked??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lucifon, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucifon

lucifon Registered Member

So I just started getting stuck into the MMO - Darkfall. One of its files 'sfbrowser.exe' is used for accessing browser based pages in the game itself such as the questlog and clan pages - essential elements.

Problem is with ESET Smart Security 4.0 this seems to just be blocked by default in some way.

When the firewall is disabled this loads perfectly fine ingame, yet when the firewall is enabled they refuse to load, meaning I cannot access my questlog when ingame - those who have played MMO's will know this is seriously important!

I've manually created a rule for sfbrowser.exe and given it 'Allow' on everything for both TCP and UDP.

I'm not rookie with Firewalls and PC's in general but this has completely stumped me. Interestingly enough if the rule is removed ESET never actually asks for its access (interactive mode), leading me to wonder if for some reason it is blocked by default.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but hopefully someone can provide assistance. I've asked on the forums and one other member also uses ESET and has no issues. Not only that but Darkfall's Support site recommends the use of ESET!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. lucifon

From what I can see there is no 'Web Browsers' section in the second area of that guide on myn. I'm on the latest 4.0 version. There is an 'active mode' tab however this only allows for you to put a tick inside the box as opposed to a cross.

Also hitting 'Temporarily disable antivirus and antispyware protection' which disables the Web Access Protection module doesn't fix the issue. Disabling the firewall however does...

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Whenever the communication is blocked and you don't know the reason, enable logging of blocked connections in the IDS section of the firewall setup, replicate the problem and eventually check the firewall log for details about the rule that blocked the communication.

5. lucifon

Something very odd going on here. Ive enabled the logging of all blocked attacks. I then go to tools > log files > eset personal firewall log. And the latest entry is from the 25th November. Nothing seems to be logged when I recreate the issue....

Anyone know what on earth is happening? This is completely stumping me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.