Cyberhawk problem and program issues

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by WilliamP, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Just a quick note to Cyberhawk Support. I just had to download Cyberhawk again after all the threads and posts here recently, and although I don't regret it, CH (latest version) did detect the AVGAS EXE. as having suspicious behavior as I was manually updating AVG Antispyware. After I allowed it, I saw it reads Hosts file modified, under the Protection Log. Also, is there a way, or will there be a way in the future, to reset Suspicious Activities Detected?

2. Cyberhawk Support

Cyberhawk Support Registered Member

Hi duke1959--

Thanks for the info on the behavior with AVGAS.exe--I'll have our techs looks into it.

We currently don't have a way to reset Suspicious Activities Detected, but that's a great suggestion and I'll make a note of it to consider adding in a future release.

Becky Dubrow

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

OFF-TOPIC

@CYBERHAWK SUPPORT

Your biz have a phone number?

Inquiry of interest is needing to know if you can make an earlier version available. Latest versions don't jive well with system and takes a rather noticable resource hit compared to earlier beta versions. Also enjoyed the instant reponse reflex actions of the former compared to the latter.

May be a matter of my own config but nonetheless was wondering if could be commendated in this manner.

Cheerio

4. Cyberhawk Support

Hi EASTER.2010--

See earlier reply to your same question about obtaining previous versions.

Just contact our technicians at http://www.novatix.com/support and they'll get you set up.

Thanks,

Becky

5. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Ok the latest version of CyberHawk 1.2.0.39 is very good with the latest version of FireFox 2.0, my only gripe is that it messes with my ability connect to the Warcraft 3 server, I play Frozen Throne and whenever I have Cyberhawk installed and running or disabled, and I launch my game and try to connect to their server I am unable to. Not sure whats the problem......o_O Browsing the internet no problems...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n218/yankinNcrankin/Unable.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  6. Cyberhawk Support

Hi yankinNcrankin,

We are looking into this server connection issue, hopefully we can reproduce and fix in an upcoming release.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Armando
    Novatix Corporation

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  7. duke1959

Hey CH Support. I forgot to tell you, that a while back when I was using Cyberhawk with Antivir PE and Comodo Firewall installed. A message popped up while using Word Perfect. (Not from CH) Unfortunately I don't remember the exact message, but it said something to this nature. "back up timed out access denied user doesn't have sufficient rights" Maybe it was the combination of all three softwares and Word Perfect running at once, I don't know, but it hasn't happened so far with AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite installed. Just a little bit curious about the message, and wondered why it may have happened. I know the PC was running very slow, because after I received the message I went to restart it, and it took several minutes for the menu to pop up after I clicked on either Log Off or Turn Off Computer. Will the CPU usage be lower in the next version?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  8. duke1959

Hey Cyberhawk Support

Where have you been lately? Getting ready to launch a new version maybe? There has been a couple of new threads started, with posts that I feel would welcome any responses from you like in previous ones. Take care, and looking forward to here from you.

9. Cyberhawk Support

Re: Hey Cyberhawk Support

Hi duke1959--

We're still here! We've just been extremely busy putting the finishing touches on our next version. We're hoping to release that new version the first week of the new year. Our offices will be winding down for the holidays, too, so you probably won't hear too much from us until we're ready to release next year.

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday!

Becky

10. duke1959

Thank you for your response, and you too have a wonderful holiday.

11. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

thanks becky for your support and for a nice product thru 2006.

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thanks for reply. Looking forward to that. Previous version functions flawlessly alongside other safety apps and i prefer to keep it that way.

Not that at some point a more improved version will become satisfactory but untill then my preference is what is worked without issue or complaint and am impressed with what is accomplished to that end, thanks, will be in touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.