cryptohippie

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by eric2802000, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric2802000

eric2802000 Registered Member

Anyone know if cryptohippie is a double VPN? They only charge 275 a year compared to Xerobank's 420 a year. Any intellignet thoughts on cryptohippie?

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Same money behind Cryptohippie as behind XeroBank. Same financing. As is MetroPipe. As is Safe-Mail. I'm not saying it's the same company, though Cryptohippie and XB use the same servers to host their websites, or did as of one year ago. Steve called it a coincidence! It was the first time I had any doubts about XeroBank.

As much as I couldn't stand Genady Prishnikov (sp?) and his style of attack, he was, much to my dismay, telling pretty much the truth about XB/Cryptohippie/Metropipe. You can search the archives.

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Cryptohippie is a 3 hop. I don't believe that they are the same people but I think that they belong to a certain crowd of people who share a similar ideology.

Way back with XB1, Xerobank used MeshMx, I believe it was called. And I think that Metropipe did, and maybe they still do use the same. Xerobank quit using MeshMx when they released XB2, about 2 years or so ago. But Cryptohippie is using Hetzner and Xerobank is using Iweb

But here are 2 screenshots. The first one is Cryptohippie which only has one exit country, Germany. Whereas Xerobank has canada, the U.S., and The Netherlands.

Cryptohippie gives you 15G's a month and Xerobank gives you I think 85G's.

@@@@@@@@@@@@Cryptohippie@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

1.jpg

@@@@@@@@@@@@Xerobank@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

2.jpg

4. eric2802000

how much is 15g's?

5. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

6. eric2802000

7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

To get a better idea, install this freebie and give it a spin as it will show you how much your using as you surf -
    http://cyberghostvpn.com/en/surf-anonym.html

8. nightrace

nightrace Registered Member

9. eric2802000

49,990 page visits or 750,000 emails WOW :eek: ..I didnt know that you get this much with 15g's. I couldnt possibly go through 85g's that Xerobank offers, plus Cryptohippie is a 3 hop and less money. I think I just made my decision. Thanks for the help.

10. hierophant

Recall that XeroBank does not limit the number of simultaneous logins. For example, 85 people could share one account, and cap themselves at 1 GB per month each. Or one person could have 1,000 simultaneous connections to their distributed storage system. Or whatever. For that, $35 per month is a deal, IMHO.

11. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Does any XeroBank login gets an own internet IP?

Thats kind of important for filesharing ;)

12. hierophant

The total IP address pool available to XeroBank users isn't that large -- on the order of 100 IPs for all exit nodes. I gather that, in allocating IPs, the system strives to optimize both bandwidth balance and IP crowding. There's no assurance of getting the same IP when reconnecting. And there's no port forwarding. However, FWIW, I've successfully used both Freenet and Vuze via XeroBank.

13. eric2802000

thats hilarious imho :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.