Create rescue disk without CD burner?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Merlin123, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin123

Merlin123 Guest

Hi!

Is it possible to create a bootable CD without a builtin CD burner?
    It would be great to get an image file with the rescue media to burn it at a different PC.

Any ideas?

Bye,
    Merlin

2. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

well yes and no!!

how about mounting a virtual cd drive..

:rolleyes:

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Merlin, ;)

Welcome to Wilders'

If you don't have a CD burner, you can create bootable floppies, format 7 floppies to create the full support version boot diskettes -or- format 3 floppies to create the safe version - which does not include driver support for USB, PC Card, and SCSI HDDs - it is recommend that you create and use the Full Version which supports a wider range of devices. Run the wizard and select the floppy drive to create the diskettes.

Also Activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, which will allow you to restore your PC at Boot time before windows loads - You can access this during the boot up sequence by pressing F11 when you see the Acronis Recovery Manager boot screen.

HTH,

Steve

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

No, you can't burn to a remote CD-RW on another computer, and TI won't create an ISO image. You could use an external CD burner, but I assume you would have done that if you had one.

The simple solution is to install True Image on a computer with a CD burner and make the recovery CD. This CD is not specific to the computer it is created on. After you have the recovery CD and have tested it, uninstall True Image from that system.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Merlin123,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis Bootable Media can be created only on a Floppy Disk Drive, CD or USB memory key. For the USB option, the USB memory key should be bootable and the system it is used on must be able to be booted from an USB device.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. Merlin123

Merlin123 Guest

;) I would have done it...
    This is a good hint. I thought the CD is computer specific and I have to create a seperate CD for every computer.
    So this is the right solution for me.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.