Create Image Wizard unresponsive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 8Trak, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8Trak

8Trak Guest

I've been using TI8 for backups for about a week now. In general, these work fine... I can do incrementals, mount the tib file as a drive, etc.

However one thing is bugging me. When I use the "Create Image Wizard" app, after selecting the location for the tib file, the app becomes unresponsive (freezes, hangs, etc.) for a good couple of minutes. Once it comes back, I'm able to start and complete the backup just fine.

This freezing sometimes happens when I'm typing in the directory path for saving the image.

As an FYI, I'm backing up a local drive (C: on my laptop) to an external USB2 drive.

Any suggestions, comments?

2. Ron57

Ron57 Registered Member

I am having a similar problem with the Wizard not responding (freeze, hang). After I select the drives I want to image and click on next, Acronis TI8 stops responding. Everything else about ATI8 works fine.

I have one scheduled task that images 3 partitions (Opsys, Apps, Data) to a 2nd computer on a 3 computer network. The 2nd computer is normally not turned on, except when making backups.

Quite by accident, I found that if I turn the 2nd computer on, as soon as it boots ATI8 starts responding.

I have to boot up the 2nd computer any time I want to make an image.

Seems like poorly written software. I hope they correct this in a future build - real soon.

I hope this helps.

Ron57

3. Ron57

Ron57 Registered Member

Oooops!

After about 3 minutes, ATI 8 started responding without the 2nd computer running.

Sorry
    Ron57

4. sconnell

sconnell Guest

I'm experiencing a similar problem. It hangs for me just before I have a chance to browse to the location where I wish to save a TI image. More precisely, it hangs at the moment the INFORMATION box appears ("if you already have the full disk backup, we recommend to create the incremental disk....").

Unfortunately, my problem differs from yours because this is a permanent freeze up including the mouse freezing too!

I've waited about 2 minutes. Should I attempt waiting longer?

I'm using TI Server Edition version 7 Build 613 on a Windows NT 4 SP6 (Server edition). It's a Compaq server with RAID 5 but I have an identical server that did work successfully with TI Server.

Thank you,
    Shawn

P.S. I don't see a whole lot of activity from official Acronis reps here.

5. sconnell

sconnell Registered Member

Do Acronis reps. "officially" watch this forum? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.