Create Boot disk from image on hard drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chilei, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chilei

chilei Registered Member

I made a backup of a drive and it is currently stored on a secondary hard drive. I am now wanting to rebuild my main drive with that image. Is it possible to take the file from the hard drive (acronis backup) and make a bootable cd or DVD?

It is not letting me rebuild the hdd through the file because it is the C: drive that is running windows and therefore it can not simultaneously restore and run the program at the same time.

Thanks.
    Kyle

2. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

You should create your bootable disk from ATI on your C: drive and then rebuild your HD using this disk. Using this bootable disk you can restore from the archived .tib file on your "secondary hard drive."

In the alternative you should be able to restore using ATI on your HD using "Recovery" in ATI using windows and using your .tib archive backup on your "secondary drive."

I think this is what you want to achieve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.