Counterspy problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

This AM I checked my email and then scanned with Counterspy.It found three items and I deleted them. All were spyware cookies. I then decided to scan with Adaware. I attempted to update Adaware, but it could not connect to the server. I went to Spybot and the same.

I attempted to go to the web with my browser, but I could not. The internet was blocked.

After almost an hour with the ISP tech where we tried all sorts of things, we decided that there was probably some software program that was the problem or malware had been installed.

I scanned with Trojan Hunter, and then started disabling the various security programs. No luck until I got to Counterspy. I disabled all the shields of Counterspy, and was able to access the internet.
    I rebooted, and all was well, and I enabled all the shields of Counterspy. My system returned to normal.

I have no idea why or how Counterspy blocked internet access but it did. Now all is normal.
    Just thought I would post this for information. I'll pass the info on to the Counterspy folks.

Jerry

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I just know you'll share with us their words :)

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

To be sure.
    Jerry

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Here is the reply.
    Thank you for contacting technical support. Many times when this happens
    a spyware program that attacked your network settings is removed and
    quarantined. When this happens you loose your internet settings until
    the file is returned back or you reinstall your network configurations.

Richard Beliveau
    Consumer Support
    Sunbelt Software
    End Quote

I am not sure what to do next time other than what I did. I called but it is too late.

Jerry

5. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

I have CounterSpy as well & although I have never experienced this problem when quarantining malware .... I consider their response to be very lame .... to say the least !! o_O

HR :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.