Could this be related to Imon?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Elray, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Hi,

Since yesterday I have been experiencing some irritating issues with web pages loading. I am getting intermittent failures with both Firefox and IE. Clicking from bookmarks in Firefox will bring me "Resolving host for Wilderssecurity.com" which will sometimes be followed by "cannot find" alerts or possibly by "Connecting to" then "Transferring data" messages and finally a successful display of the page. In IE it becomes the old "Page cannot be displayed" message. I have tried changing Imon settings for both browsers back from Higher Efficiency with no change and have also uninstalled MS Security Patch 834707 but same problem continues. The only changes I have made during the 48 hours have been the download of NOD32 2.12.3 and the installation of that IE patch (which I have now reinstalled).

Any ideas? I should add that eventually all sites will connect for me but it is quite different from my previous experience and a bit frustrating to need to keep going back two or three times to get past the errors.

Elray o_O

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

What firewall are you using? ZoneAlarm? with ad blocking enabled?

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have had a similiar experience, just over the last few days, however, at the same time it started I also updated to the latest Firefox 1.0PR. Hitting the refresh button loads the site.

I'll have a bit of a play and see what I can come up with...

Cheers :D

4. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Well, if you are having the same problem I won't worry too much. I really wondered if it was a generally recognized occurrence. I haven't updated to Firefox 1.0PR as yet so that wouldn't be my problem.

My Zone Alarm is the free 4.5.594 version at present so no ad blocking is possible.

I have emptied cache on both browsers and will see what develops.

Thanks for the replies and the interest. I've had so many posts here in the past couple of weeks I am starting to feel embarrassed.

Elray :oops:

5. Elray

Elray Registered Member

Actually since I did this it seems that the issue is not as noticeable and probably nothing at all to do with IMON!

Elray

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Nahhhhh, never feel this way here, ask away to your hearts content, this is how we all learn, and from there you will go on to help others…

I also have the same version of ZA, the problem I am seeing is intermittent, so not sure what's going on...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.