Could Someone Please Explain...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, May 12, 2015.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

or guest-i mate.

It started with KB3035583 <yes I understand this has to do with win10> This update Failed repeatedly, so normally, when WU's fail., I do DISM online restore health. DISM fails, but DISM scanhealth says the damage to the component store is "repairable", so fair not able to repair damage to the "image"

Today KB3035583 "failed" next WU's 41, my intent was to copy the KB numbers & manually install, or uninstall Emsisoft IS, & install via 360safe Total. I hid 2 KB's regarding IE eleven. Shock & Awe the updates installed correctly. WOW! I then searched "Installed Updates" & found KB3035583. How did this get installed when this morning it failed?

Check for updates, shows KB3000850 needs to install, this gets to the 2nd phase "please wait, do not turn off your computer" after the reboot & fails. Next try & dl it from M$ dl center, it won't even dl.

Somehow KB3000850 has something to do with IE-11 updates, which cannot be installed on this machine, except format C: M$ support, tried repair install, & dl 8.1 image install, still IE-11 updates cannot be installed. My work around is hide any update for IE & use FF. So my thinking is kb3000850 must address an area, that IE uses or likes, causing fail.

Thanks
    Rico

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Thanks!

Update - KB3000850 is actually 3 updates, KB3000850, 3014442, & 3003057, from this machine the dl did not happen, so on another machine dl the three & save to flash drive. 3000850 installed, next 3003057 fails & undo install. Next try 3014442 installed. Several times at this point windows became retard slow, you know the circle with dots, windows 8.1 makes, try 2 minutes per dot, or about 15 min for one circle. OK - now that 3000850 & 3014442 are on board, re-try 3003057 it installed, but slower than slow, sign in screen 5 min. before I could type pin. Reboot actually got tired of "Restart" screen & powered down. Wait! fingers crossed, fire it up, zoom it's back to normal, warp speed. Back to WU (installed updates) search for the bad boy trio all present & accounted for.

Also can anyone explain the WU process? First it dl's > installs > restart (don't turn off your computer) 10% 50% 100% > BIOS screen > Windows is getting ready 10% 70% 100% > log on screen. I see 4 parts involved, what happens at first getting ready screen, then after BIOS screen what happens at the next getting ready screen?

Any insights as to what I've described, or is this just whatever works & move on?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.