Coranti 2012 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Coranti, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m0unds

m0unds Guest

yep, i know that, and i totally agree.

i was addressing the vague, generic, unqualified "runs smooth", "too heavy", "really light:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:" posts that pollute discussion in every product thread.

all it would take is adding something like: "my machine boots 45 seconds slower", "this app took 15 seconds longer to start", "made my 9 year old athlon xp w/1GB of RAM slow to do anything" or something to that effect (maybe interesting, certainly reasonable data points, wouldn't you agree?) - vs - "omg so smooth" and "too heavy" and "this runs light and awesome" (which are neither descriptive nor particularly helpful.) :D

That's a bit of a generalization and certainly isn't always the case. One such example already exists in this thread.

at any rate my point wasn't that heavy/light shouldn't ever be used and that everything performs the same, my point was that saying "OMG SO LIGHT" or "OMG FAT PRODUCT IS FAT" is worthless from a discussion standpoint.

that's all I'll say so we don't totally derail Coranti's thread.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Installed Coranti this morning and it is amazingly light on my Toshiba Satellite. Have it set to defaults for now.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Checked the link provided and this is what I get. "Not found (error to origin)"

4. m0unds

m0unds Guest

looks like it's fixed - download's working for me

5. newone

newone Registered Member

great improvement, great software, :thumb:

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

7. Coranti

Coranti Registered Member

VB updated their RAP Quadrant. Coranti 2012 was awarded VB100 in the December comparative. V1.5.4 was tested and with RAP score of 97.5%. The current release is 1.5.6.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/rap-index

8. bigc73542

:) been running Coranti for a while now and it is running and doing a great job. If it keeps doing the job it is doing so far I would say it is a keeper.

9. bigc73542

I have noticed something about coranti that is a bit disturbing. If you cancel a scan in progress it tends to freeze and lock up your computer.

10. Rules

Rules Registered Member

I'm running Coranti 2012 on Seven x64 and i can't reproduce your issue, that seems when i cancel a virus scan or spyware scan, i didn't notice a freeze or look up.

For me it's a very good AV (several updates per day, for four engines it's light, fast scan and high detection rates and no problem during my test for clean a pc already infected.

Rules.

11. bigc73542

I had it lock the comp twice but after numerous tries I can't get it to do it again. Which is a good thing.:D

12. bigc73542

Am running coranti on a Toshiba Satellite with Vista Home Premium.

13. bigc73542

just an update. coranti is still runing very well on my machine and hasn't shown any bad behaviour yet. i will post if it falters or just flat screws up but so far it doesn't look like it will.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

bigc, thanks for keeping us updated as this is one I have my eye on. Oh, and hello.:)

15. newone

newone Registered Member

hi, i must say coranti 2012 running really well here, thankfully, great product

:thumb:

16. ejames82

ejames82 Registered Member

I think the update stalled twice total in the time (over a year) that I had it. it was great.
    I am always accustomed to having an AV running, so there was no noticeable difference between coranti and the AVG or avast that I usually use.

I do remember a slowdown during the updating of defs, and you could always tell when that was happening, but that was no different than AVG or avast either. you would also experience a slowdown with them as well. I usually like to manually update the defs and get that out of the way early.

I really enjoyed coranti AV.

17. bigc73542

Just another update. Coranti is still doing great. It hasn't had a glitch yet. It seems to be one of the most stable and dependable programs in the security field I have ever used. It just works as advertised.:thumb:

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

big C you are correct. Been using this and am very surprised at how light it is. Set it and forget.:thumb:

19. newone

newone Registered Member

yes great product :thumb:

20. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

On their site They say...
    .:doubt:
    So what:isay:
    Kaspersky downloads additional one-time additional download of 200MB of signature files after installation.:D
    With just one Engine:mad: :mad:

21. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Curious about this one trjam...keep us posted.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.