CopyQ: It's a clipboard manager with super powers

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by apathy, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I was looking for a clipboard manager replacement as glippy doesn't seem to be in development. Klippy isn't getting the job done so after a few searches I tested out a few. Copyq is super awesome but you need to look in the preferenes and take some time to learn it. You can take clipboard items and put them in it's own tab and encrypt them with gnupg, decrypt and copy with a simple shortcut.

It's very much like the pimp ClipMate for Windows which I used for years and loved back in the day. You can add items to the clipboard from console or run shell scripts on your clipboard items. Waaay too many features to even go through but I love it.

Here's the breakdown from WebUpd8:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thanks for sharing this. Its good to know there is a Qt-based clipboard, should I ever decide I want to get rid of GTK :D

3. apathy

apathy Registered Member

A cool shortcut that I didn't notice was that the items in the clipboard are numbered and if you use the shortcut to open the list it will automatically paste them items if you type in the number from 0-9. I've used it for a couple weeks and can't do without it. It's more of a clipboard and database manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.