Cookie (maybe related to CookieWall)

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by FanJ, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Anyone else having problems with "the" cookie from the new board-software?
    No idea whether my CookieWall has anything to do with it...... :doubt:

2. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

I don't know yet, FanJ, as I just got here and haven't gone anywhere else yet. I use CookieWall as well, and haven't noticed any difficulties.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks Dangitall ! :)

Please keep me (us) informed ;)

(it could well be all my own fault; don't know yet at the moment).

Cheers, Jan.

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I'm not having problems with cookies but I did with the password being rejected. That's fixed now.

I don't know how CookieWall works but you do need to have both www.wilderssecurity.com and wilderssecurity.com as acceptable cookies.

5. normanlp

normanlp Registered Member

Hi, I am also using Cookie Wall and when I signed into the forum it would never remember me and no cookie was posted in Cookie Wall's new column.
    Before I signed into the new board I selected the Wilder cookie from the "Cookies to Keep Column" and pressed "remove selected". This put it in the "delete automatically" column. So what I did was to select the Wilder cookie from the "delete automatically" column, then removed selected, signed into the forum, signed out and now I had a wilder cookie in the "new" column. I moved this to the "cookies to keep" column and now whenever I access the forum it recognises me.
    Hope this is of some assistance.

Norm

6. NanDog

NanDog Registered Member

Yeah, my CookieWall kept picking up a new one called "bblastvisit..something" (can't read the end of that thing in the field). Just placed it into "Cookies to keep" and everything seems to be working well!

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

My initial issue with respect to cookies and CookieWall is solved :)
    On my Windows 98 SE system (with IE 5.5 SP2) CookieWall gave me 4 alerts (see screenshot).
    IEClean tells me only about one cookie :) (eh, I do have only one cookie :D ).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.