Content/Size of SpywareBlaster System Snapshot?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ht, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ht

ht Registered Member

my natural curiosity (and carefulness?) had me want to know what actually happens should I give SpywareBlaster the go-ahead and take a System Snapshot (to have some idea about what actually gets backed-up, and how, how long it might take and how big a file gets created, if later repetitions create incremental files only or complete new backups)...

the dialogue window informs: "SpywareBlaster System Snapshot creates an "image" of various settings on your system. If your computer would ever be infected by spyware, System Snapshot could restore important browser and systems settings to their previous states."

the built-in HELP-file contained no relevant/related information (unless I overlooked it -- always a possibility, of course).

is there another place to look (and find this aspect explained)?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey ht,

In the below recent thread you'll find some of the answers your asking concerning SB's snapshot feature.

The other questions you asked.... "how long it might take and how big a file gets created, if later repetitions create incremental files only or complete new backups"

On the one I just did as a test....it was 10\15 seconds and it was 17KB in size. Each individual snapshot will be stored in the Program Files\Spywareblaster folder with incrementing file names of ssave1.sss, ssave1.sss....etc.

This recent thread---> What all is included in the system snapshot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.