Constant Guard Protection Suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Spooony, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Does anyone have any experance with Constant Guard Protection Suite

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

3. m0unds

m0unds Guest

if the installer's like their old one, it should allow you to exclude the tools you don't want/need and keep the stuff you do want. the norton product is a modified version of norton 360.

4. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

I've came across a link that it installs some sort of keyloggers. Does norton have something like that for protection?

5. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

it is fine as it powered by norton

6. sbwhiteman

sbwhiteman Registered Member

I've helped several Comcast subscribers set up their security. Via Comcast, the Constant Guard suite is separate from Norton. It includes an anti-keylogger, a password manager, backup software, and an anti-identity theft module (no sure how it works). Once you've installed CG, you may download and install the Norton 360 Suite from within CG. At that point you may choose to uninstall CG -- Norton remains. (Although it's not obvious, I see that it's possible to download Norton without installing CG: from http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/)

In my experience CG is very heavy on resources and not really necessary, so I typically uninstall it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  7. Blueshoes

Blueshoes Registered Member

Get ready for this...............They use CA associates in the toolbar and I think for web filtering. Give me Symantec for web filtering any day.

I emailed comcast and ask why the heck they would ever make a deal with CA. You might as well have Clam.

8. gery

gery Registered Member

which is way better than CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.