Considering Acronis...

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by markheus, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markheus

markheus Registered Member

I accidently fdisked a partition on my USB drive (HP Personal Media Drive) and am considering software for recovery.

I have Partition Magic but for whatever reason it wasn't able to recover the partition. I've tried a free program ( PC File Recovary) by a company called Convar - but it wasn't able to restore all my music files (only about half of them were recoverable apparently)

I've been demoing a program called called R-Studio and it seems like a good program but it seems like it recovers individual and not the whole partition at a time.

From the various download sites I've read differing opinions and was curious what kind of experiences everyone has had recovering partitions from USB drives and regular drives.

Note: I haven't done anything to this drive - just trialed various recovery utilities on it.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markheus,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please clarify what exact operations you have performed while using the "fdisk" tool?

Please be aware that in case you have formatted a partition then Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 will be not able to recover data on it, since Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 can operate only with an unallocated space on a hard drive to find and recover deleted or lost partitions.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 to see whether it can recognize deleted partition on your hard drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. markheus

markheus Registered Member

All I did was delete the partition. I haven't done anything else to the drive.

Thank you for your response - but I decided to go with a dedicated recovery program.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markheus,

If you have just deleted a partition then Acronis Recovery Expert embedded into Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 should find it and should be able to recover it. However, please try to perform a recovering using the free trial version as I have suggested above. If the trial version recognizes your deleted partition then the full one will be able to recover it.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.