Confused by Wording

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by deckie49, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deckie49

deckie49 Registered Member

I just purchased the retail version of ProcessGuard. I think I need a little clarification. I am confused by the wording of some option switches in the "Other Options" section located in the "Protection" tab.
    Install Global Hooks Option- The popup suggests that a checkmark in this option will Block hooks, not Install them..
    Install Drivers/Services- checking this option, according to the popup Blocks installation. And,
    Checking "Access Phicisal Memory" actually blocks physical memory.
    So, it seems these options are described as opposites of what they are supposed to accomplish.
    Am I reading them wrong?

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

As an example, one popup says, "If block global hooks is enabled, allows this application to install global hooks".

This means that if you have enabled Block global hooks on the main tab, then the application on the protection tab (for which you have ticked install global hooks) can install global hooks.

The main tab sets the global options to stop certain behaviours. The protection tab allows you to override these global options for individual processes.

I hope this makes sense.

3. deckie49

deckie49 Registered Member

yes, it does.
    thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.