configuration piece for optimal performance and protection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zonebie, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zonebie

zonebie Registered Member

are there any configuration keys for nob32 that will make it work at its optimal performance.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The default settings are the optimal ones.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Pain of Salvation

Pain of Salvation Registered Member

What about smart (intelligent) optimization etc.? Is it enabled by default?

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Yes, it is enabled by default in On-access scanners and Smart Scan Profile (on-demand).

5. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

So you consider enabled detection Potentially Unwanted Programs (during install) and keeping detection of Potentially Unsafe Programs disabled as the optimall settings?

You guys could by the way consider to include the option to enable detection of Potentially Unsafe Programs in the installer, so you have two PUP options on one installer page.

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

PUsA is disabled by default. PUwA setting is user-dependant at installation process. This categories are usually for detecting grayware.
    Definitely: add a check box to enable PUsA during EAV / ESS setup. (It was added to the wishlist by many users including me)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  7. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Yes, indeed. I should have written my question more carefully.

I am wondering what is the reason why to include an option for PUwA (which I think most people enable detection for) in the installer, and not for PUsA? Does ESET consider PUwA as more effective? Or does ESET consider PUsA to be causing too many false positives?

I am wondering because they are indeed for detecting greyware. But the most important threat category nowadays is in my opinion fake security/rogue software. Which is greyware, really hard to differentiate from legimate software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.