Conclusions on v9 Installation interrupted -True Image could not be installed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorne, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I realise there are a few posts on this topic already but none of them seem to conclude what the problem was.

I am loathed to have to enter into the support process if it is possible not to. I have already spent two hours trying to sort this and am now without v8 and any ability to back anything up as a result of this so called upgrade. Entering into the support process which looks like a 48 hours and some, plus the weekend is something I would prefer to avoid if possible.

If anyone out there knows why I might get the error message "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again" when installing V9 build 3633 I would be very grateful for your comments.

- I am running XP Sp2 with latest updates.
    - I did have V8 installed, but removed it prior to trying to installing the v9 home upgrade
    - I have run checkdisk across all my partitions without any problems.
    - I have 3.5 GB free on the C: (installation drive)
    - I downloaded the installable again from the latest updates site, (this was the same build 3633) and was identical in size to the original. Both files give an MD5 hash of 85CDFC4187D155FD8069F943B03BF7DA.

Acronis really know how to frustrate their user base. An installation program just aint rocket science - and if it does run into a problem, it should make it clear to the user what the problem is.

Help.
    Thanks
    F

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foghorne,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3633.

If the problem still persists, please follow the instructions in this previous thread in order to uninstall Acronis True Image 8.0 manually.

You can also do the following:

- Download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it;
    - Select the Acronis product you are trying to install and hit Remove;
    - Try to install the product again.

If the problem still persists, please do the following:

- Launch the product installation file;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.