Concerned about catch rates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tsherr, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsherr

tsherr Registered Member

Over the last year, I have watched NOD32 drop on ShadowServer list (http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Stats/VirusDailyStats) from being one of the top two or three AVs to one of the top five or six AVs. Now while that is still pretty good, I'm concerned that NOD32 has gone from a catch rate of around 90-95% on zero day attacks to a catch rate of 75-80%. Does Eset watch this list and are there plans to return NOD32 to its former ranking?

T

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Returning to the top would mean to detect a lot of corrupt and clean files that are uploaded to Virus Total on a daily basis. Detection is continually being improved and is far more better than ever before. Looking at todays statistics, ESET is among the top 5 AV programs to detect most threats recognized by at least 10 other AVs, about 2-5% more than some other famous AV programs. Considering detection by at least 10 AV programs minimizes the chance of files being corrupt or clean (FP) whilst the statistics published by Shadowserver includes all files, even corrupt or clean (FP) ones. Obviously the statistics does not take into account threats detected by other ESET modules so actual protection capabilities are even better.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'm fairly regularly seeing customers with virus infections & Nod32 v3/v4 just sitting there either doing nothing, or unable to clean the infection. It's starting to get embarrassing. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.