computer wont reboot when attempting to clone hhd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vsound, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vsound

vsound Guest

Begin true image and progresses to a point early on where it says need to reboot to continue,
    the computer shuts down automatically but hangs in the reboot phase.
    ? why

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, vsound

I have no Idea, but I would advise you to using your BootCD [If you have not made one, do so] to make the clone HDD.

When Ti finishes the clone remove the BootCD and press your off button [turn the computer off] then swap out your HDD.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, vsound

I have no Idea, but I would advise you to using your BootCD [If you have not made one, do so] to make the clone HDD.

When Ti finishes the clone remove the BootCD and press your off button [turn the computer off] then swap out your HDD.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vsound,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists after installing the update then please create special Bootable Rescue CD, as TheQuest suggested, and try to clone your hard drive when booted from this CD.

Please inform us about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. karly

karly Registered Member

I had this problem also. On step one it would say a reboot would be required, and immediately prompt me to reboot, though it hadn't copied anything. It would hang at the boot. I would reset and it would boot off the original drive and the second drive was still unallocated.

I followed this advice, made a boot CD, booted from it, and was able to clone my drive. Win XP is now running fine from the new drive.

THANKS!

-karl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.