Computer name is unknown in SMTP

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PRJUS, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

Running EAV 3.0.657 in a new installation the SMTP notification always returns "unknown" for the computer name in the message it sends:

2008-05-27 12:57:27 - Module Real-time file system protection - Threat Alert triggered on computer unknown: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.DKERE-FA01\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CV9K5797\eicar[1].com contains Eicar test file.

The issue has been seen on a server and a few clients and I have already seen the posts about renaming the computer but I can't do that with +500 computers.

Any ideas?

/Preben

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The current limitation is to 14 characters in the computer name. A request for extending the length to more characters is already in the wish list.

3. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi Marcos!

The installation I made is a test installation for a customer evaluating EAV as a replacement for McAfee which is able to send the mail to their HelpDesk so could you say anything about when this will be taken from the wish list and put into the product?

The only other solution that perhaps come close is scheduling reports with threats and sending them to the HelpDesk but we have already evaluated that alternative as insufficient.

/Preben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.