Computer locking up...

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by sashwa, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sashwa

sashwa Registered Member

I've been wondering about this for a while now...

Every so often, after I update and then run a scan, my computer freezes solid...no mouse, no Task Manager, etc.

I have to turn it off by the button on my tower. Then I re-start my computer and run an Ewido scan with no problem. Anyone know why? It doesn't happen all the time, just every so often...like today. I've looked in my Event Viewer but don't see anything odd there during these times. I've even tried updating, then shutting down Ewido and re-opening it to run a scan but it still can happen that time.

I am using the free version.

sash o_O

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i experienced something like that recently, but i can't remember now what was causing the problem..

ewido has never caused any problems for me.. i have been using it, the full version, for about 9 months.. (i did have one problem where a regcleaner screwed up ewido, but the program still ran, just that the ewido processes did not appear as they normally do, in "task manager")

if you can manage to open task manager, then, maybe, by looking at the "CPU", you can see what program is causing your computer to freeze up..

3. sashwa

sashwa Registered Member

When it happens, I can't do anything but manually turn the computer off. Nothing works not even Alt Ctrl Del.

I fold with Team Helix so my computer always runs at 100% because of the folding but FAH backs off when something else needs cycles.

I like Ewido and this is the only problem I've ever had with it. I can live with the problem but just would like to know why it happens only sometimes.

It's not after every update...only with some. Like today's. I've tried pausing and shutting down FAH before running a scan but I've had the computer freeze even then. I've tried re-booting after an update before I run a scan but have had the computer freeze up when doing the scan that way. I've even tried walking away from the computer when it freezes during a scan, thinking it just needed time, for an hour or so. When I come back it's still frozen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.