Compatible with Microsoftantispywear beta?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by jlo, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

I am thinking of giving processGuard a try as it looks like an excellent defence but was wondering is it compatible with Microsoftantispywear beta or it it pointless having both (will they conflict)

I also run Nod32 for Antivirus.

Many Thanks

Jlo

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

afaik, pg doesnt conflict with any software. u should be fine. processguard is an entirely app than microsoft antispyware and u should use both, the web site has tons of info on the purpose of pg if u dont already know.

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi jlo,

PorcessGuard is an excellent complement for NOD32. You may want to look at Ewido (free with on-demand scan capabilities) or Ewido licensed (with real-time capabilities) as added complement for NOD32.

My feelings about MS AS (originally Giant) have changed markedly over time. It does provide some registry protection as well as spy detection capabilities, which is probably useful with your configuration. However, my heart lies in pro-active software nowadays (like ProcessGuard), and as such I much prefer having RegDefend on my system which helps stop malware from ever installing, as opposed to detecting them after they install, and then trying to uninstall them.

But as a first step, I would highly recommend ProcessGuard. It provides very strong defense against all types of nasty malware especially rootkits and keyloggers in the licensed version. I have never had any conflicts between PG and Giant AS.

Rich
    Rich

4. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Many Thanks for the information.

Its much appreciated. Think I will have a closer look at process guard!

Best Wishes

Jlo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.