Compatibility of SAS and Malwarebytes to Trend Micro Internet Security 2008

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mark.eleven, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark.eleven

mark.eleven Registered Member

I understand Tren Micro advises to uninstall Spywareblaster and Spybot S&D when using Trend Micro Internet Security 2008.

But what about SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes? Can I still use them with Trend Micro Internet Security 2008?

Anyone here have experience using Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 together with SAS and Malwarebytes?

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

SAS should not conflict with any av, even on real time, MBAM should not conflict too if used on demand-

3. gery

gery Registered Member

they work fine here .No issues at all with either TMIS 2008 or TMIS 2009

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

There should be no reason for Trend Micro Internet Security to advise you to uninstall SpywareBlaster. SpywareBlaster's protection is built to be compatible with other reputable security and privacy applications - so you can use it with confidence as part of a multi-layered protection strategy.

This is likely just another example of a "suite" application alerting on most other security/privacy apps - which is an unfortunate growing trend.

Was it just an alert window, or did it not allow you to install until you had removed Spybot S & D and SpywareBlaster?

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. mark.eleven

mark.eleven Registered Member

The only software that I had to uninstall before installing Trend Micro Internet Security is Spybot S&D.

As for Spywareblaster, it was stated in Trend's support website as one of the conflicting softwares.

I have since re-installed Spywareblaster, SAS and MBAM. It seems to be working fine. As for resource hog, perhaps I have more than 2GB RAM, so I didn't really feel it.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.