Compatibility Issues with Kaspersky?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Howard Torbiner, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Torbiner

Howard Torbiner Registered Member

I am running Spywareblaster 3.5.1 and Kaspersky Internet Security under Win XP sp2, IE7. When I upgraded to Kaspersky Internet Security v 7 back in November, 2007, Kaspersky started occasionally crashing. The error report states 'possible incompatibility with Spywareblaster'. This has happened 4 times. I tried uninstalling/reinstall KIS7 and Spywareblaster but no change. Has anyone else experienced this? I had no such problems under KIS 6. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HT

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem in some initial testing. And I can't see any particular reason why SpywareBlaster would conflict with Kaspersky.

When was the last time Kaspersky crashed? And was it right after running SpywareBlaster? (SpywareBlaster doesn't remain running in the background, so if you hadn't opened the SpywareBlaster program yourself it shouldn't have been there to conflict with Kaspersky.)

While I obviously hope that this problem doesn't occur again, if it does, I would greatly appreciate if you could provide the following information:
    -The full contents of the error message that appears.
    -Details of what programs you had open and what you were doing at the time the error message appeared.
    -A screenshot of the error message and (if it's a different screen) the screen that lists the "possible incompatibility with SpywareBlaster".

Thanks in advance! :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

They should work nice together. What v7 version are you running?

4. Howard Torbiner

KIS ver 7.0.0.125 I had no problem with KIS 6. I sent the following gsi report to Kaspearsky labs (it happened 4 times since NOvember). The error is'previous application failed'. Each time it happened, I was doing something different on the web. Last time Netflix was examining my video quality when KIS crashed. The first time I was viewing a PDF document. It all happens at random. Here are the event errors and gsi log:

event log errors:

2/2/2008 10:16:35 PM "Anti-Spam" failed.
    2/2/2008 10:16:39 PM "Web Anti-Virus HTTP traffic scan" failed.
    2/2/2008 10:16:42 PM "Web Anti-Virus" failed.
    2/2/2008 10:16:42 PM Protection of your computer is not running. You are advised to resume protection.
    2/2/2008 10:17:36 PM Protection of your computer started.

gsi:

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&file=6e10fa8cf9af3716cc9bf9880015cc07&Microsoft=0

please note that the reference to the Intel VE Network Connection being out-of-date seems to be false as according to Dell, I do not need such an update (I checked the Dell Support Website). The previous gsi reports do NOT mention upgrading to KIS v 7.0.1.321

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Nothing really strange there.
    Maybe you can try upgrade to 7.0.1.321.

What was first installed Spyware blaster or Kaspersky?

6. Howard Torbiner

Hi Sjoeii,

Thank you for your assistance:

I unstalled KIS 7.0.0.125 and Spywareblaster. I then installed KIS 7.0.1.321 and created a GSI report:

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&file=f4141af4050a48300c784b4b4c440bf2&Microsoft=0

I then installed Spywareblaster and ran another GSI showing the same old conflict:

After installation of spywareblaster

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&file=271bb73fd579889f3bd388970f467f99&Microsoft=0

The first time KIS 7 crashed I was viewing an Adobe pdf attachment to an email. The crash was followed by the error 'Previous application launch failed' I do not remember what I was doing the second and third time it crashed, but the last time (Feb. 2), I was downloading a movie from Netflix. It crashed and restarted itself followed by the error 'Previous application launch failed'.

Has anyone else experienced this?

HT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.