Comodo Propaganda - Or Is There Any Truth?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DasFox, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Comodo as it seems by this post over at their forum, would like us to believe that based on a poll they are one of the best out there;

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...free-av-in-faceoff-in-cnet-poll-t70698.0.html

I know we all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to software but that doesn't make it the best, that's one of my points here.

Having an understanding and getting your head around technology and security goes way beyond the expressed thoughts of the end-user. Their is a professional level to all of this and many times I see that then end-user with little to know experience sways the belief of another inexperienced end-user, both falling into a trap of the blind leading the blind...

So are there any real FACTS in the matter of Comodo offering now, one of the best AV alternatives in their firewall for AV protection against some of the top AV engines out there, or is most of this all just chatter around the table...

Comodo also has a link on their forum for tests;

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ifications-test-results-reviews-t61263.0.html

But if there was anything really of great significance, REAL FACTS, then why would the head of Comodo, Mr. Comodo himself ONLY direct our attention to some little POLL? Think about that for a second, that in itself really shows how silly this is...

So in this second link I posted there are quite a few tests but do they really measure up, because a lot of the links also are just little reviews too...

P.S. I hope the MODS don't close this, because I'm not trying to troll or start a war, but I'm calling it the way it is being shown and that's a fact if you look for yourself and I only want to help educate the uneducated to this fact of what appears as just some foolish salesman pitching, when a Technological company like this should be going beyond this measure to prove it's actual worth on a Technological level and not some worthless poll.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

We've seen this type post on Comodo before.

Any software company has the right to advertise their product in a manner they see fit. It is up to the users to decide what software they want to use.

Comodo has a forum for this type discussion. My suggestion is to pose any questions on the product there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.