Comodo KillSwitch

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoTesting, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

The source is written in the software if you learn how to read you will figure out that this one is not the reason why the developer of Process hacker was upset.
    If instead losing your time with your ignorant words, you spend a few minutes in Comodo forums or if you ask directly to the Procress hacker developer you will figure out how much fun I get reading you :D
    Continue making up stories, you are very good at it. :D but please open a new thread (because all this stories are OFF topic) so we can have you fantastic stories compiled.

If you wonder that I wonder how after all this time you still dont know what can be in the super secret dll of DACS. Maybe a super mega secret protocol to transfer the files, no sorry, it is just a ******** ***** ***** connexion. Everything is in comodo forum you dont need to invent magical things.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2010
  2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

where can i find the beta download link?thanks

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am back from the land of nod. What a few hours difference, make. LOL, now I can't access the CCE forum.

Join a new forum site? ...No, I am a member of too many forums, already. ;)

P.S. Luckily, I was able to get the exe file and install before I was locked out. :D

Attached Files:

4. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

heres a wild guess: the comodo prog will stay in beta forever so noone will release nothing...

5. guest

guest Guest

Is not about be in beta stage or not is about to release the file to the world or to a reduced group of people.

Anyway all this conspiracy theories are useless since they will release it to the public in a few weeks, source code included.

6. sded

sded Registered Member

LOL. "fantastic stories" is something Josh would say when he was frustrated and didn't want to answer. You should really insist on being a moderator if you are going to be taking the Comodo Apologist role here. Taking shots at critics seems to be encouraged at Comodo (did you read Siber Lynx, for example), but less here. The questions you didn't want to answer:
    Did Comodo indeed donate previously to the Source Forge People and thank them for the use their product?
    Didn't Melih apologize for the remarks of the Comodo people in the thread you reference that we can no longer access?
    Is there some reason Melih doesn't simply say he will release KillSwith DACS when complete in accordance with the GPS license?
    "I don't know", "I won't tell you", are things you can say. But try looking at questions instead of stories. And didn't Comodo stop giving out the software, or is that only a portion of it? Good answers, BTW, that would make Comodo look good are:
    yes
    yes it was an oversight (see the quotes from wj32 in posting 28, but there is another not quoted)
    we are just studying our options, but intend to comply (see posting 28 re patents again, though)
    Only temporarily
    There is ample distrust of Comodo outside (and inside) their forum and you can either be a help or add to it. And, BTW, if you keep editing stuff at least show the before and after where important.
    Remember it is just another set of computer programs that most people don't use or care about.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  7. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

8. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

http://forums.comodo.com/comodo-cle...-beta-ready-t66867.0.html;msg471158#msg471158
    Login required. Partial quote below.

This kind of self-serving situational ethics makes the sleaziest lawyer look good.

Any previous doubts now erased. I think I know why he-who-must-not-be-named is so quick to attack other vendors, criticize their principles, accuse them of conspiracies. It's because he assumes they think and act just like he does.

9. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

It can only be verified once it comes out of beta. Its still in private beta at this stage and few issues with DACS which will be resolved in the next week.

Regarding CCE's cleaning capabilities, i have seen some one posting their forums that it cleaned sality infection sucessfully.

I believe in their products (Comodo Firewall and upcoming CCE). I had an instance where GMER could not delete an File (malicious one) nor NOD32. Where Comodo deleted sucessfully in no matter of time.

Regards,
    Harsha

10. harsha_mic

hmmm...Sorry, but my wild guess it will be released in flying colors. It needs some time to mature.

Regards,
    Harsha.

11. guest

guest Guest

You should read everything and not just the post that you want, you dont even know the half of the story but I dont want to lose my time with you I think you are clever enough to find the answer by yourself

1) I dont know, do you know it? *
    2) Yes is written in the forum, Melih said that he will release the source code when Killswhich will be release to the public according with the GPL, not GPS like you wrote*
    3)If you dont understand what is a pluging of Process hacker is not my problem, if you still dont understand that the pluging of DACS is just a vpn to upload the file safely is not my problem, * The process hacker dev was upset because although the credits of PH are big and clear in KillSwitch (see post #3 where you were lying again), any moderator said nothing about processhacker at the begining

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
  12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

All that can be said on the subject was. Thank you all

13. harsha_mic

Re: Comodo DACS (Distributed and Collaborative Scanning)

Yes. Killswitch makes it easier to identify the malicious files. Simply after clicking "Hide Safe Objects". When no antivirus detects a malicious files, CAMAS may be handy at that time as it will identify offending processes (its behaviour based analyzer and very strong one) (may not be in all instances).....

Thanks,
    Harsha

14. Dwarden

Dwarden Registered Member

i just realized the Killswitch was based on GPL code from ProcessHacker and who knows what else opensource or free projects ...

now i have question when Melih and co. speak so much about greater good, public wealth and knowledge plus power to the masses

what about share the sourcecode to comply with ProcessHacker GPL license? (and w/e else project code was this based off)
    where i can download it, even for the beta?
    (it was released to public even as beta (doesnt matter just some forums), thus it falls into release the source or breach the GPL)

seems like Comodo/Melih is not willing to do so even after 'breaking GPL/license/EULA of ProcessHacker

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1803054&postcount=28
    the whole drama and details
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=289569
    ---

also will DACS clearly state everywhere what products and results it uses and from and in compliance with approval / agreement for respective software parties ownership / licenses ?

meh ...

i'm all for greater good but in moment someone does it for 'HIS company good' (afaik COMODO is bussiness too afterall) then something is goin weird ...

---

i had doubt's about DACS initiative but after reading the Killswitch approach it's even more cloudy ...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  15. guest

guest Guest

Read this:

Right now "wj32" (the developer of process hacker) is helping for the betatesting of KillSwitch.
    So all the drama that you have read in the other thread is just product of the imagination of some uninformed people.
    The source code will be release when KillSwitch will be avaliable to the public, right now is a closed beta.

16. harsha_mic

Hi Dwarden,

It is in private beta stage (not even reached public beta stage). Source code will be released in accordance with GPL once it is released. As it is not appropriate to release the source code of a half baked product (as per Melih)
    I request you to read the first post of this topic completely (guest has put up all the relevant info). It is very much clear.

To download you must register at comodo forums. Remember its at private beta stage only. Thats why registration is needed.

Thanks,
    Harsha

17. Mattchu

Mattchu Registered Member

Killswitch is Beta software at the moment, when the full product is released to the general public the source code will be made public.

The fact the forum now requires you to register to download Killswitch was i think a permissions error which meant guests could download the Beta.
    This has the potential to be a superb piece if kit, Maybe if it was made by someone else it would receive greater plaudits :doubt:

18. Dwarden

don't try outargue the key point,
    Killswitch was released to public as beta, anyone can download it and thus GPL breach
    i already done so and obtained it as well ... i'm public ... period

from this moment onward is Comodo in breach of GPL and i can't wait for some FOSS or FLOSS agency to step up and put up nice lawsuit just to ensure protection of opensource free software ...

feel free to contact EFF/FSF or other organization protecting free software ...

why ? well if someone trying find loopholes and abuse free software ...

(
    nothing against COMODO
    but i find this very ironic to happen from someone advocating the greater good and public wealth w/e
    or is it just to be another way how exploit someone else resources and work?
    )

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  19. guest

guest Guest

So are you telling me that all the world is registered in Comodo Forums?
    Anyway If it was a mistake, they had some problem with the permisions in the forum at the begining or whatever now it fixed and everybody is ok with this, even the PH dev. The source code will be release together with the public release.
    That's all, so better if we come back to the topic because everything about this has been already said.

But if you still are so worried and so sure about the breach go here:
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html

20. Dwarden

per Your wish i done the report ... :D

21. guest

guest Guest

Yes sure, well done.

22. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to back up this statement or are you just typing to pass the time of day?:rolleyes:

23. guest

guest Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.