COMODO Internet Security 4.0.141842.828 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Brocke, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

The global 'Allow All' outbound firewall rule can (and should IMO) be deleted easily.The purpose behind it is pop-up reduction but at the expense of security.

2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Hi smage,i've used the web installer.Not for the whole suite,just fw and defence+.

3. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

i have CIS (no av) running in a VM and am messin around with the sandbox aspect. is there somewhere to see what's running in the sandbox besides the logs?? like sandboxie does??

thanks

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i believe in the D+ logs

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I believed the contrary: in 4, if I delete this rule, every application must alert and ask to me the permission, is it ?

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yes, in way that is right.

7. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

if you set the sandbox setting to automaticlly trust files from installers, does that mine you can install fake av etc. and they will be ran outside the sandbox?

what happens if someone make a mistake then the sandbox allow the malware out because of that setting?

8. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

The only thing I know is that CIS can make a mistake and that you'll be better of security wise that way, prob. without many issues. Issues that occur can easily be fixed by just adding to the list of My Own Safe Files.

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

but what about malware, i mean if someone installs a software thinkings it good when it not then it will bypass the sandbox? but if you select deny then it move the sandbox right? and allow lets it outside the sandbox?

im talking about the D+ elevated admin prompt you get with the sandbox alert with installers.

10. raven211

Ah, well I guess in that case the software in question would obviously not run proper if at all, be it malware or legit.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

this apreach is confusing i guez that is when signiture is needed:)

12. JoeBlack40

I installed today the entire suite with web installer,and again,no problems with some gray out option.

13. blacknight

Ya Brocke, sorry ;) in my previous post I misunderstood your firts answer:I was sleeping again :D and I read " should NOT IMO ".

Actually, we think the same. :thumb:

14. blacknight

A problem with 4...828 ( I tried all the types of installers ): after the reboot, I set it as I used with the previous versions until 3,14 = Defense+ in Paranoid Mode, and in the highest settings possible, and I disable the sandbox.

After the following reboot, in the notification area of the tray bar disappears some icons: Avira ( I use it and disable Cav, no problem until 3,14 ), Incredimail and others applications that usually I see in the notification area.

I tried to restore them from the tray bar propriety, but it's impossible. After other reboot, nothing happens. Avira runs ( I see it in the Task Manager and I tried Eicar test ), Incredimail too, but no icons in tray bar.

And I'm not sure that Avira runs perfectly.

15. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi I used the offline installer, maybe that's why there is a difference.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  16. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I installed just the firewall in a VM recently. I'm having a problem with the firewall initially blocking the internet connection. I have to turn it off to open the connection. Then I can turn it back on and set it to SAFE or Training. The next time I boot the VM I have to do the same thing again. Any idea how to resolve this? TIA

17. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

That's correct.Opinions may differ but I like to decide if and when software 'phones home'.

18. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Don't worry no rogue will have a trusted installer and signed processes.

19. raven211

Hehe... I've thought about this A LOT. :D My conclusion was the best quote in history in this area: better safe than sorry. :D :cool: :thumb:

20. Watasha

Watasha Registered Member

It's making the connection unresponsive? What do the logs say that it is blocking?

21. Victek

Victek Registered Member

When you say "logs" do you mean "firewall events"? There is nothing listed there. I just started the VM and again the connection is completely blocked.

Regarding "My Configurations" (right-click menu on the tray icon) what is the difference between Firewall, Internet and Proactive Configurations?

22. JoeBlack40

Hi smage.I guess so.That means it's more appropriate to use the web installer,till the bug is fixed for the offline one.

23. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

They had that feature in the beta but it was removed.

24. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

now why on earth wuld they remove a feature like that... if anything that seems like something they would want to add into it...

25. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Well, that plain sucks. You should be able to right click on the tray icon and select "programs running in sandbox" and have it show you like sandboxie. Also some type of "border" again like sandboxie showing you say - your browser is sandboxed. Only makes sense.

CIS - alot of potential there but needs additions as i mentioned above before i will use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.