Comodo Internet Security 2013?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ahinterl, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

As I said,CIS is great suite :D

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Actually it's not. It would be great if anyone at Comodo would care about anything, but since they don't, it's far from great. Its AV component is crude and badly designed,w ants to detect anything and everything and gives no control over PUP's and other stuff that they want to detect whenever possible. FP fixing is non existent unless you use their forums for every single thing and FP's tend to re-appear after every signature update.

D+ is also broken and they yet again don't seem to care about being broken and flawed.

So no, it's not great. Like i said, it has the potential, if anyone at Comodo would actually care about anything. But since they don't, the outcome is what it is. The CIS suite that we have now.

3. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Those statements are right, we should also consider that its AV is not very old .. But still, when you have an option to easily submit a FP or suspicious file from the program it's bad to see FP or suspicious file never fixed/added to DB ...

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah, unfortunately it is like that. I wanted CIS6 to play out right but it just didn't. And the mess started during beta cycle itself which was very poor and badly executed. After a what, 2 week silence from any dev, they suddenly released it as final despite the fact they haven't fixed loads of stuff that was quite critical and more importantly reported during BETA cycle time. And i'd understand a problematic non traceable BSOD issues or some bizarre non reproducible issues, but i've reported easily reproducible problems that i can still repeat every single time, yet they just didn't bother to fix them. And i bet i wasn't the only one. But for as long as fanboys are jumping in joy and saying that their app is perfect, they are just ruining the program and they aren't even aware of doing that. Heh...

5. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

For me, there is no perfect security product, free/paid.

A product is good, bad or ugly depends on many factors.

Every thing boils down to type of users, products behavior on his system, etc...

Just as, for the same products here, any products, some users find it heavy some find it light on their systems, some find it easy to use some find it not so easy, some say FPs are there some say they dont get FPs, etc...

As for CIS 6, in my honest opinion, I have used & tested CIS 6 quite a lot. I find it easy & effective for any/all users. I run CIS 6 on 3 systems here, the users of these systems are average users & no probs yet, but this is my experience with CIS 6, others experience may differ or may not differ.

Offcoz it has probs like any others. Some like the GUI some dont like it, Some like few things some wants those to be changed, etc...

So I would say, any products, try it on your systems & see how it behaved, worked & if you would like to keep it.

MY experience with CIS 6...
    Light & easy to use
    No Fps yet
    No infection yet
    No probs with any programs
    No probs yet

And yes waiting for the upcoming GUI improvements that will make it more easy to use, along with other fixes & improvements.

Malware not detected or missed by any products doesn't make the products bad, those things happens with any products as no product is perfect & can provide 100% protection & so they updates/upgrades, improves, brings in new features, technology, etc... Dont change your security softwares on the basis of this only. Get some info, try the software & see how it performed on your system & if you find it good.

For me CIS 6 is easy & effective with near perfect protection with its AutoSandbox technology.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  6. JohnMult

JohnMult Registered Member

My overall impression of the program is possitive I must say. The main problems since January are these and I want your opinion. First, one week ago "rulesets" in firewall had gone with no apparent explanation and that was only fixed with a complete unstallation and fresh installation again. Second and still unsolved is that in the sandbox enviroment of any application I cannot use any other language than English. My second language is Greek and I could not find any way to resolve this. I use the official forum with no response so far. Anyone has any ideas about it?

7. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@RejZoR

I feel what you are saying exactly.
    There is no real communication at all, in fact i feel for the forum moderators , because evidently they are told nothing as well.
    Amidst all the silence it's as if there is no development taking place anymore o_O

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Typically people don't take customer support (CS) into account when they choose security software, but it's the response you get when the software is going wrong that shows what you really have. CS is a good reason to pay for software, but paying is no guarantee - you still have to do your homework.

9. avman1995

Guys,I personally take CIS as a great suite though it has some cons that rejzor mentioned apart from that there is no 100% security product.Even the greatest Security layer has a weakness and CIS is no exception.

So Final thoughts for me: Great security and for FREE

Not to mention I orginally always liked CIS and avast equally.No Fanboy,just my 2 cents. :D

10. spywar

spywar Registered Member

No for me it's not like that ..
    Yes no products can deal with every malware samples no one is perfect ...
    But we are not talking about that, mainly about the support :
    No FP fixing
    No BUG fixing (rejzor's one and quite a lot of things, remember there were 15 pages + of bugs reports during BETA cycle)
    No files classification on automatic submissions of unknown files ...
    Yes it's free ok, but this is enough for me to uninstall CIS.

11. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Even Languy99 has gone silent :blink:

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's not the problem with security, that one is pretty well sorted out though you have to use Limited sandbox mode to achieve that. I've tested it and it was pretty bullet proof. The problem is in countless other things that ruin otherwise potentially great program.

13. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

I guess it's a case of "horses for courses".

People who like to be,
    constantly fiddling with and refining their AV/firewall settings,
    getting on a forum and posting ordered & detailed bug reports,
    having to click twice to find their post because it's been almost immediately moved by a mod... etc, etc,
    are more likely than most to be contented Comodo customers.

People who don't relish any of the above activities are less likely to be satisfied with CIS.

I've been known to put CIS on client's machines that I'm "retiring" from active duty. That way I get a phone call as soon as someone takes it out of storage and boots it up. "Hello. I'm trying run xxxxxx and it's telling me that it it's dangerous."

14. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

15. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Just tried the Eicar test file within the comodo virtualized browser and the av does not detect it.

I tried the same test file in sandboxie and it is detected.
    Weird.:argh:

16. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

It is a known bug, the AV will not detect anything in the sandboxed virtual realm.

17. The Red Moon

Maybe it is not a bug as such.
    If any malware runs in the virtual area then it can be cleared when sandbox is erased.
    Strange bug.

18. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Yes, I think it would be better if it scanned inside the virtual browser.

19. The Red Moon

i suppose the virtual area should not let anything in,even its own av.

20. avman1995

I dont understand how people cant answer simple and simplified HIPS questions and most of CIS alerts are very user friendly and clearly tell what you should do and CIS 6 has very little pop ups unless you are running a app thats clean and not whitelisted by CIS :rolleyes:

Actually,I personally choose avast for my PC but I am a "Fan" of CIS like Apps.

21. The Red Moon

@indy
    i was not talking about the HIPS,i was speaking about why the comodo av does not work in their virtual environment.
    Thanks.

22. guest

guest Guest

We were talking about sandbox level.
    @a256886572008 is a comodo forum member, he made a test about sandbox level and privacy;
    http://forums.comodo.com/news-annou...-privacy-and-the-sandbox-levels-t93329.0.html

it is the answer whay i dont recommend FullyVirtualized sandbox.

23. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

Last week i installed the Comodo FW and ended up with a desktop icon for Virtual Comodo Dragon. I already use Dragon so launched it to try it out and it worked good. After the last Dragon update the icon won't launch anymore. What happens next is i get high cpu in a Svchost.exe that won't stop until after a restart..

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  24. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

I quit using CIS6 because of the FP's (3 on my pc about 2 on fam. members) and the lack of a web/url filter. I generally wont use a AV unless it has some form of web/url scanning and I don't mean a DNS either.

25. siketa

siketa Registered Member

You could put K9 with CIS.
    ;)

Have you reported FPs to Comodo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.