COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.17.304 has been released!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pedro, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

You need to make sure your selecting the main installer. I mean the .msi not .exe because the .msi launches the .exe

2. Whitey

Whitey Registered Member

You can switch Comodo to Installation Mode and you'll get less pop ups during the installation. Or you can thread application that you r goin' to install as Installer or Update in first pop up and after you'll get less pop ups..

I know that first of all you must trust this application and be sure that this application can't do smth. wrong in your system. If you trust it you can swith Comodo to installation mode.

3. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Installer mode still doesn't work right. Even a modder found a bug.

4. Whitey

Whitey Registered Member

Excuse me...but what do you mean? More particularly...
    Everything is ok in my case or I missed smth.o_O

5. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Getting the itch again to install Comodo 3.0, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it with Mamutu yet? I got Mamutu from GOTD and since I like it a lot I want to keep using it. I know some people are using Comodo with Defense+ enabled and ThreatFire together with no problems so I guess it would be all right?

6. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

i used mamutu with defense + here and had no problems

7. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

8. Dieselman

Comodo version 309 working flawlessly now for over 2 weeks for me.

9. ethan_arends

ethan_arends Registered Member

Two days ago i installed the last version of Comodo 3 and let 2 ports wide open.

10. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Did you select the option to block unsolicited inbound on install? If not, your configuration is probably wrong, not CFP.

11. Dieselman

If your behind a router check that first. Shields Up is not an accurate test of a software firewall but more so a hardware firewall. I have a post about it. Run the stealth wizard in Comodo.

12. ethan_arends

I'm not behind a router.
    I didnt noticed that option. But when i'll be home, since i was intented to reinstall windows and now i only have windows firewall and av, i will install again Comodo 3.

13. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

There are still annoying bugs in this new version, like it failing to boot up because of an error in application data.

14. Dieselman

No errors here. None as far as boots in the forum either.

15. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Thanks Dieselman. I have PC Tools on board at the moment and itls a nice firewall. But I miss Comodo.

16. ethan_arends

~12 hours with Comodo 3 (last version) and blocked 0 intrusion.
    With windows firewall on, stealth.
    With windows firewall off, ports 139 & 445 open, 1033 closed.
    Rules are allow to any IP and any port. These are rules that Comodo makes. For all kind of software. That's the main reason i don't like/trust Comodo.
    In other words: this firewall is like Svaiter cheese.
    Outpost and Online Armor for example, for Opera makes rule for 80 port. If Opera want conection for other port, Outpost will ask you.

So good bye Comodo 3. I thing it was the last try.

17. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Did you try my suggestion?..

18. Dieselman

I have "0" intrusions but thats cause I am behind a fully stealthed hardware firewall with echo ping off. If I turn off my hardware firewall off then Comodo kicks and I have alot of intrusions. Do you really want intrusion alerts? I used Zone Alarm in the past and I never got alerts either. Doesnt mean the firewall isnt working.

19. ethan_arends

for Pedro: There wasn't such option.
    for Dieselman: I'm not behind a hardware firewall, just a modem.

20. Dieselman

I have a modem also but its a 2Wire DSL modem with a built in hardware firewall. Have you checked you modem settings? Have you tried to run the stealth port wizard built into Comodo?

21. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

I suggest you to run the "stealth Ports Wizard" and select "Block all incoming connections". The default mode since several releases is "Alert to incoming conections" but seems be causing many troubles.
    Also increase the firewall alert level (Firewall -> Advanced -> Firewall behaviour Settings -> Alert Settings)

Attached Files:

22. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

If Comodo is set to block all incoming, will it prevent my PC and router from comunicating or will I still able to refresh my IP address if needed? I'm on wireless and sometimes I have to renew my IP to get a stronger signal. Thanks.

23. ggf31416

ggf31416 Registered Member

The only thing the stealth wizard does is change some global rules. If you need to allow incoming connections from a IP/network use "define a new trusted network" or create the rules by yourself. If you have any device that blocks incoming connections do not bother with the stealth wizard.

24. Dieselman

I figured out your problem. I now get intrusion building up in my log and showing up in thr GUI. Simply run the stealth port wizard and selecting the "block all incoming connections" . Run this and reboot. You should have intrusions building up after that cause I do now everytime I launch Yahoo Messenger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.