COMODO Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Coolio10, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

No new features.

Fixes all major bugs and problems. Enjoy! Please offer feedback as long as it is not about how hard it is to use. If you find anymore problems it would be nice to know.

2. Norton360

Norton360 Registered Member

Wow, the setup of previous version was about 30 MB.

This one is only 9.08 MB.
  3. Coolio10

:D. You wouldn't think a safelist would be bigger than the application :D.
  4. xandros

xandros Registered Member

thank you
  5. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

I'm glad to see that CPF now passes with success the seven keylogging tests from AKLT v3.0, good job to them (below is the 7th test, GetRawInputData).

Regards,
    gkweb.

Attached Files:

6. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Hey Coolio is there a hot key function? I like that feature with OA so you don't have to right click the icon on your taskbar.
  7. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Instead of complaining about how hard Comodo 3.0 is to use, perhaps someone has some insight as to how to make it easier to use, short of turning off the HIPS.
  8. Coolio10

No hotkeys vette.
  9. Coolio10

It is actually quiete easy to tune it down without killing protection. See pic. This will prevent the need for installation mode and certain applications such as browsers or archivers from alerting when creating files.

Even easier is to turn off monitoring direct access excluding keyboard ofcourse.

Attached Files:

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

So has anyone experienced this improvement?
  11. Coolio10

My 5k mem in total dropped to 3k?
  12. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Ok uninstalled my trusty Online Armor and installed this. Much, much improved. No annoying pop ups, Installs easy. Learns well. I am impressed with this new version. Yes I have D+ on.
  13. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Wow, this should have been the real final, I like!:D
  14. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Mem usage dropped. 10 - 13K .Sweet. This is the way it should have been released. Now all we need is a new version of NOD32 3.0 and we will be all set.
  15. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Amen! I, on the other hand, am trying out Online Armor and have been impressed thus far. I'm sticking to NOD V2.7 in the meantime.
  16. Coolio10

There is no shakespear in security :D.
  17. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Its a proven fact that Online Armor and Comodo are the 2 top software firewalls. Its just which one your prefer. I always used Comodo 2.4 and when 3.0 came out I was so disappointed and went elsewhere............which lead me to Online Armor. But now with this new version of Comodo I am back to using it. Lets see what new versions Online Armor brings to the plate.
  18. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

So should I uncheck those items you unchecked?
  19. Coolio10

Up to you.
  20. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Ok first problem..........all my apps in Firewall and D+ keep disappearing.
  21. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Well seems like it was a Windowblinds problem.
  22. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

Please provide a link where I can see this "proof" with my own eyes.:cautious:
  23. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

24. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Does this count? LOL. http://blog.scotsnewsletter.com/2007/11/25/93/
    Boy bellgamin and WSFuser, you guys are late nighters aren't you? I'm going to bed now myself, but before I do I will say this. In my IMO ZAAS is a very nice Firewall, but it does come with the Welcome Screen hesitation problem. Online Armor is just plain nice and well supported. And finally Comodo Pro is just a flat out nice alternative for those like myself that can't spend the money right now. As far as anyone of them being Top Rated however, well how do you really prove that? That's why I'll stick to calling them nice. LOL.
  25. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

I'm not one of Scot's subscribers ...not any more. Opinions are like armpits -- everybody has them & some don't smell so sweet.;)

Comodo & OA are superb but so also are Webroot FW, Look'n'Stop, Netveda et alia -- not to mention a NAT/SPI router+ProSec (or SSM or EQSecure).

If someone infers there is proof to the contrary, let's have a look at it, wot. :gack:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.