Comodo Firewall issues?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by emil_91, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emil_91

emil_91 Registered Member

Hey guys,

Im having a problem with my cododo firewall and antivir AV paid. The problem is that is that now my pc won't let me right click on a file and use the send to command anymore and now i can't copy or paste because it will lock up and the only way to fix it is to kill explorer.exe and re-enable it again.

This is very frustrating since i hear so many good things about these two programs but if i can't fix the issue then comodo is getting uninstalled.

Any help is appreciated.

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Have you already come to the conclusion the problem is Comodo?

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im using the EXACT same combo as u, Avira PE premium, and CIS (AV disabled) and have not experienced any such problems, im not sure if comodo is the problem or maybe it culd be ur comp's reaction to installing comodo. not really sure whats happening to u :doubt:

4. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I've been using Avira free with Comodo firewall for some time now on a couple of machines and not run into that problem. I wonder if you might of clicked Don't Allow instead of Allow on a Defense+ popup, try turning off Defense+, reboot and see if the problem is still there. It's a bit of a straw clutcher but may be worth trying.

5. emil_91

emil_91 Registered Member

After messing around with my security setup, uninstalling CFP and avira and to see if that was the problem it wasn't i still have the problem where the copy and paste function causes my pc to freeze. So i thing its a virus or something in the registry.

I think it now might have something to do with the w32.sality virus that infected my pc 2 days ago. After i removed the virus and re-enabled my taskmanager and regedit tools.

After i was done removing the virus i got rid of drivesentry and ZA firewall pro because they both failed to protect my pc from a virus from my flashdrive which i got from a school computer in my drafting/autocad 4 class.

So now i only have sandboxie and avira premium installed and still having problems.

Does anybody recommend a OS-reinstall because thats what im going to do if i can't fix it.

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

a fresh windows install might be a good idea.

7. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I don't know if this relates to your problem or not, but I have had SecuRom completely hose up my computer and not allow me to right click on executables and I had lock ups and had to kill explorer also. SecuRom comes with a lot of games now and I despise it. So if you have games which use SecuRom protection then it might be worth looking into.

8. joeunc

joeunc Registered Member

I run Comodo firewall pro with KAV. I also get some explorere.exe freezes on right clicks at times. But when you let windows go for about 10mins and it prints out the error log that caused my crash, superantispyware.exe is always in there, which makes me think SASpro is causing my right click explorer freezes, have never seen Comodo in the error log.

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Report that on SAS Forum...

10. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I am running the same as you with no problems on XP SP3. :thumb: EDIT: I do not have the avira webguard installed, but I don't believe that would matter.

11. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hi mate.

Comodo Firewall shouldn't interfere with Avira (It works quite well actually) Unless you have the entire Comodo Internet Security Suite installed, Which includes the AV (Rule of thumb you probably know, can't run 2 AV's at once).

Running a virus/Malware scan will be a good step, Checking things on startup that could cause the conflict is another step as well. You shouldn't need to reinstall unless you have many other issues.

FYI... The latest Comodo Firewall version is here. Uninstall Avira & Comodo, Then go to Avira site and the Comodo one I just hyperlinked, Then reinstall both making sure the Comodo Firewall is the ONLY one selected during a reinstall. But before you do all this, Check your startup tab with caution and run malware scans.

Cheers,
    Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.