Comodo Firewall Blocking Windows Update

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TerryWood, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

I got Comodo Firewall Latest version with Defense + Enabled v3.8.65951.477 on Widows XP SP3.

I have suddenly realised that Windows Updater is not updating. I get the checking latest version screen, then Welcome to Windows Update and the Express & Custom buttons appear. When I click on either button I get the endless searching but no updates showing. If I switch off (Disable) D+ there is no change. However, if I disable Firewall immediately it displays updates using either button.

How can I resolve this (I am none technical as far as comodo is concerned)

In Firewall events everything is blocked ie svchost.exe, Windows operating system. Reenabling Firewall stops the updates.

Gratefull for any help

Terry

2. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

Was it updating before you installed COMODO?

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

If you open up CIS then click on the Firewall tab,then on 'Define a new Trusted Application'.Select 'File Groups' and 'Windows Updater Applications'.See if that solves the problem.

4. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi Andyman

Many thanks for your suggestion but, no it did not help. Immediately after I switched off the Firewall and was able to download the latest updates.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks

terry

5. 3xist

3xist Guest

What is your OS? What other Security Software do you have installed?

Cheers,
    Josh

6. wj32

wj32 Developer

Are you using Custom Policy Mode or Safe Mode? Have you tried creating allow-all rules for svchost.exe and the Windows kernel? Have you tried Training Mode?

7. tonyseeking

When will the latest version of COMODO (final, not BETA) come out that has LESS POPUPS, like 1 popup for each program instead of 12 popups? :)

8. 3xist

3xist Guest

Tony,

It's safe to use v3.9 now. The beta markings are off and It's now in Release Candidate and SHOULD be more stable then the current released v3.8 in terms of bug fixes.

The plan is to make next version the released version, if all goes well (Depending on bug reports, etc).

It's worth a try mate.

Cheers,
    Josh

9. tonyseeking

Thanks Josh :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.