Comodo Cloud Antivirus public releases

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wasgij6, Jun 15, 2016.

1. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

6-16-2016 Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.2.392126.236B is Released

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...virus-12392126236b-is-released-t115870.0.html

Attached Files:

2. martk1972

martk1972 Registered Member

I wanted to try this version out, but it's still not compatible with CIS or CF. Hopefully the next release will fix this.

3. wasgij6

The Devs said cis 10 will be compatible with ccav. That is the next major version. They are skipping 9 for some reason

4. guest

guest Guest

It looks like an interesting release after years promising new stuff that never becomes true

BTW the file rating stuff reminds a lot to norton...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
  5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Is this cloud scanner similar to Hitmanpro?

6. garrett76

garrett76 Registered Member

As usual it doesn't work as it should. After the rating scan 59 files unknown to comodo submitted to Valkyrie. Guess what? After one day they are still unknown. If I try to send single unknown file to Valkyrie it says server not available. For me it is still in early beta.

7. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Thanks for your report :thumb:

8. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Thanks!

Sad.

9. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Not to mention that it still have interruptions connecting to it´s cloud...with interruptions I mean so long that you give up scanning or whatever.
    Maybe not a good idea to use a "cloud" antivirus, that does not connect to a cloud? :confused:

/E

10. guest

guest Guest

What other AV's engines uses Valkyrie?

Anyway is at least a misleading product they claim that AV XXX hasn't detect it but this doesn't represent the real performance. I'm talking about the Valkyrie statistics window.

11. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Installed the new CCAV.

They have started doing the stuffs i.e have added Yahoo as a home page & search & option is selected by default during install.

After install it starts Rating Scan. I would suggest users with limited data plan to cancel Rating Scan. Go to Sandbox Settings & untick "Submit automatically to Valkyrie". Start Rating Scan & you can submit Unknown manually. I dont know whats the file size limit to upload to Valkyrie.

On my system Rating Scan took app 10-12 mins & found 26 Unknown files. All files were related to my portable programs. Only Windows Firewall Control installer, VLC uninstaller & FreeFileSync installer were Unknown other than portable programs files.

During Rating Scan 2 times it mentioned Cloud not connected...Reconnecting... & Reconnected & continued the scan.

Due to Rating Scan, now the lag is not there as programs analyzed & classified.

I submitted all the 26 Unknown files to Valkyrie & it mentioned submitted successfully. Its been 20 mins. No verdict returned yet i.e status/rating for the files mentioned "Pending". Dont know if the verdict will be returned or not?

Time to time I am seeing "Check your internet connection" on the GUI. And when I start browsing GUI shows ON. It seems if you are not doing anything CCAV thinks no internet connection...kinda seems so.

Full scan after an hour was still at 17% & found 73 Unknown files, all related to NitroPDF & Windowsapps.

Finally uninstalled it.

I think a product which is heavily dependent on cloud mechanism & whitelists for smooth functioning & usability, their both cloud mechanism & whitelists sucks.

12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

They will upgrade Valkyrie with new servers in few weeks.
    Until then it will be on and off randomly...

13. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@yesnoo
    Thanks your observations again :)
    Classing Windows Apps as unknown is not very intelligent at all.
    Maybe this should be released to their 'Star Group' testers before releasing at all.
    Such a pity as i believe it still has huge potential.

14. khanyash

Thats their typical reply like optimizing servers, new servers, infrastructure, bla bla...

CCAV release was announced with Valkyrie implementation. They made a lot of noise about this.

But CCAV first stable release was total failure. Not adding itself to security center & especiallly cloud not connected prob. And Valkyrie was just an upload tool with no returned verdict.
    Subsequent release with the same prob cloud not connected & Valkyrie just an upload tool.

Then they announced major version coming with Full Valkyrie, new features, etc.
    And this major version released. Still intermittent cloud connection prob is there & Valkyrie stilll not working realtime & just an upload tool only.

And no information on the file size limit for upload to Valkyrie. Users had requested option to set file size limit for Valkyrie. And this is important especially for limited data plan users coz I think anything Unknown to Valkyrie is uploaded i.e even if a program is in the Whitelists but not in Valkyrie database then it is uploaded to Valkyrie. And this option is not there in this so called major version release.

What new features, options, etc?
    They have only added Rating Scan, thats it. Who wants that Lucky You? And Yahoo Home Page & Search?

For a cloud product, cloud is still buggy & Valkyrie useless.
    And other quirks. Its a buggy & incomplete product.

Theres whole lot probs with Comodo nowadays, no beta release, false talks, arrogant mods, etc...

15. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@yesnoo
    Yep false promises we hear endlessly, not good business sense imho ;)

@siketa
    Re: server upgrade i'll believe it only when it happens :doubt:

16. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I have just copied Comodo's answer... :)
    I'll try it in few months...

17. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

...in few months... :eek:

time passes quickly though :thumb:

18. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I live in another timezone.... :)
    Let's give them enough time to make it work as it should...

19. khanyash

They have done some fixes & users on forum have reported Valkyrie is working i.e verdict is happening.

I am giving it a try. Lets see how it goes.

CCAV has potential but few features, options, etc needed & offcoz features should be fully functional & working correctly & seamlessly.

20. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

As Comodo does have a scanner of their own I really don't see why they don't implement the VT Mass API. It would save money in the long run as development costs would decrease, and would result in a CCAV product that would be much stronger in initial detection.

21. khanyash

That I too was thinking. But may be they have plan for CCAV paid version too. And I guess you cannot implement VT in the paid product for free, right?

22. khanyash

I am trying again And verdict is not happening for me.

And I see a CCAV folder in C drive with subfolders named 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8. Under those folders a folder named Device is there & that is empty.

23. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

YN- They would have to pay something for it, the price depending on their needs. But the cost surely would be offset by the decrease in R&D and the resultant departmental attrition.

24. guest

guest Guest

They are already using VT or another multi engine tech. in valkyrie you can choose you old and compare it against comodo.

25. wasgij6

this just shows the result of other engines. valkyrie does not use any other engines to help make its verdict.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.