comodo cleaning essentials.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hello.
    Just wondering if any comodo buffs are using the CCE tool.?
    This must use the same signature database as the comodo AV,but my question is why is the CCE not just incorparated into the comodo av.?

Could somebody explain the fundamental differences between the comodo cleaning essentials and the AV.

Both scan your computer for malware and yet a separate tool is needed for removing "persistent" threats.
    I find it odd that both programs use the same signature database and yet both have different functions.

So why not merge both these products together.?

Thanks.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's already incorporated. The fundamental difference is simple, one is a portable anti-malware toolkit, the other is basically a security suite (w/o the Firewall).

You can use CCE on virtually any Windows machine, which can't be said for installing another antivirus with HIPS/sandboxing.

What I dislike about CCE is how comparatively outdated the program is and its rampant FP's on my custom HOSTS that I can't permanently report/whitelist.

I still use it because of the lack of good on-demand scanners that can update themselves, remove threats, and perform quick+custom scans.

3. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

CCE uses some more aggressive techniques to detect malware which can cause FPs, CIS and CCE use the same signatures

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.