Comodo..an ethical company?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by The Red Moon, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hello forum.
    I wonder if anyone can shed any light on some blogs ive been reading about comodo.
    It seems that comodo gives malware authors ssl certificates etc and that some of their trusted vendors are a bit on the shady side.
    I have used the internet security suite before but there are so many reviews and blogs about the ethics of this company and the way they operate.
    Any views on this please?

Regards.:thumb:

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I don't think it's that simple. Even VeriSign has signed malware before. They don't do it on purpose.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Agreed. As to ethics beyond that, in regards to their most used products, AV/malware tests, well, I've got my opinion on that. But no, I have very serious doubts they purposely are helping malware authors.

4. Technical

Technical Registered Member

Can you disclose where did you get this info? Links, please.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well, I'm 99% sure most of it arises from here at Wilders and personal blogs/opinion, as I've yet to see any "official" sites report on such matters.Then again, Comodo products aren't generally covered much on most tech/computing websites. That doesn't mean problems aren't there, just that they don't get much coverage on mainstream websites.

6. Technical

Technical Registered Member

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Oh here we go . . . :rolleyes:

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

If you look further, including searching this site, you will find more blogs and reviews that are more positive about the company and the events that occurred. So, as it is for many, many other companies when ethics is in question the answer is somewhere in the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.